Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Diego
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-13-2011, 04:32 AM  

San Diego, California
Depending on your taste:

Pasta: Lotsa Pasta (Pacific Beach off Garnet Ave)

Burritos/Mexican: Colima's (Oceanside off Mission Ave) or Adalberto's (Point Loma; Off Rosecrans by the Military Housing)

Sushi: Sushi Diner (Linda Vista? Its right across the street from Kearny High School)

Sandwiches: K-Sandwiches [also a mini asian market inside] (Same corner as Sushi Diner)

Mongolian: "Stir Fresh" off Bernardo Center Drive (Interstate 15 exit)

Old 01-21-2011, 01:22 PM  

Tuuuuuuuuscon
World famous at Pacific beach for seafood.

Old 01-21-2011, 05:57 PM  

san diego, ca
these are my favorite places in s.d.

el indios mexican food- 3695 india st
phils bbq by the sports arena
filippis pizza grotto- about 10 san diego locations
chicken pot pie shop-2633 el cajon blvd
Old 01-24-2011, 09:39 AM  

My random thoughts....

Burgers - Hodad's in OB, Five Guys in Liberty Station, and Classics Malt Shop on Midway...oh also a new place, Jimmy's Famous American Tavern on Harbor Blvd in the Point Loma area makes a mean burger as well - a bit pricey but worth it I think. I also love Tommy's Original World Famous Hamburgers...but I grew up going to the ones in LA...and it's kind of a big thing up there.

Sushi - Harney Sushi in Old Town

Italian - I really like Pomodoro's in Point Loma....try the Spaghetti Carbonara! Also, for a small chain, Pizza Nova is really good...they have a freaking awesome Lobster Bisque and they deliver! I'll give a shout out to Volare (down by MCRD on Barnett) as well....cheap, good - very authentic (I lived in Sicily for a few years...this is the real deal)...but they could use a cleaning crew once in a while though...hehe Solare Ristorante in Liberty Station is good too.

French - Loved Roseville but it shut down...and Thee Bungalow has been replaced by Bo Beau...which is awesome - try the Braised Short Rib Flat Bread...

Greek - I like that little place in the back of Liberty Station off of Harbor across from the Navy Base...by the SS Recruit.

Thai - Antique Thai in the Henry's shopping center on Rosecrans and Midway. Saffron Thai over on India St. is a great place for lunch too.

Chinese - Little Chef in OB is yummy - for take out - too small to eat there really.

High End - Island Prime on Harbor Island or The Marine Room in La Jolla. Can't go wrong with Morton's, Donovan's, Mr. A's, or Ruth's Chris of course. Also recently enjoyed Truluck's in University City...I crave their sweet potato fries now! For atmosphere....try the Red Fox Steak House on El Cajon blvd.

Breakfast - Hash House in Hillcrest or Point Break in Point Loma...they moved into the old Boll Weevil barn-looking building and the ambiance is kind of crusty now but still good food. Perry's near Old Town is great and always packed.

Mai Tai's - Bali Hai on Shelter Island makes the strongest dang Mai Tai you will find anywhere....

Brunch - 94th Aero Squadron in Kearny Mesa or Humphrey's on Shelter Island.

Seafood - I'm not a huge eater of fish, but I do like the shellfish.... I've always enjoyed The Fish Market down on the water near the Gaslamp off of Harbor....and, of course, Point Loma Seafoods can't be beat.

Sandwiches - The Brown Bag Deli on Rosecrans tucked in behind the Angler's Choice fishing shop....(and on the other side is Johnny's barber shop if you want the best haircut you will ever get!)....also, Gus's further down Rosecrans...HUGE subs - get the Philly Cheesesteak...or Pastrami (their pizzas and calzones are good too). If you want a sandwich like your Mom would make, go to Nelly's Deli. Oh, another good deli is at the boat launch over in Mission Bay....not sure what it is called but it is off of Ingraham St. and very good! Con Pane is great as well - they just moved down the street to Liberty Station.

Mexican....Hector's on Rosecrans - he is such a nice guy! Adalberto's on Rosecrans. Buenos Dias Burrito from Santana's for breakfast.... Tin Fish for fish tacos.

Prime Rib - Fiddler's Green on the road onto Shelter Island...they do a nice one.

BBQ - Phil's, of course. Hands down.

Hawaiian - Da Kine in Liberty station is ok for a plate lunch now and then.

British - Shakespeare's pub on India St.

Sunday mornings - the Farmer's Market up in Hillcrest is not only the best Farmer's Market around, but they have some really good food stands! I always like to pick up a Scotch egg or the Sausage and Egg breakfast pastry from Keith the British dude...and a peanut butter hot chocolate from the Joes on the Nose big orange coffee truck...the little woman likes the Aloha Latte...

Wow - I got carried away here! I'm hungry now!
Old 01-24-2011, 02:50 PM  
CJ7 San Diego

San Diego, Ca
Barrio Logan

For the best Mexican Seafood, go to Barrio Logan and 7 Mares (seven seas)restaurant. The Caldo Siete Mares (seven seas soup) is the best in San Diego. (sorry to everyone else, but this is the best) This is a small, family run, hole in the wall, delicious place to eat. The decor is more family dining room that upscale restaurant, but I have taken bankers and businessmen here for business lunches and no one has ever complained after tasting the food.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:59 PM  
CJ7 San Diego

San Diego, Ca
Shrimp Burrito.... the best in town is Cotija's (several locations) Chile Verde Burrito... #1 is Taco Fiesta on Mission Gorge Rd. #2 is Cotija's
Old 01-24-2011, 03:02 PM  
CJ7 San Diego

San Diego, Ca
Lebanese flatbread sandwiches... also Tabouli and Fresh made Hummus. Alforon (Lebanese for "the oven) on El Cajon Blvd just west of College Ave. Homestyle food like your Lebanese grandmother used to make. (if you have a Lebanese grandmother)
Old 01-24-2011, 03:06 PM  
CJ7 San Diego

San Diego, Ca
Italian: Lornas Italian Kitchen in University City at Governer and Genesee Mediocre atmosphere, but the great food at reasonable prices makes up for it.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:01 AM  

san diego, CA
I keep forgetting to mention this place. Bullseye in Chula Vista. It used to be the Boll Weevil but it's about 100x better. Perfectly griddled burgers and nice fresh buns every time I've been there.

Bullseye Burgers & Brew Restaurant
Old 01-31-2011, 12:52 PM  

I can think of a lotta 'has been' hole-in-the-wall shops that faded out....
I've always liked L&L Hawaiian bBq. Just went there this week, and they really treated me good, even brought extra food when they decided my chken wasn't crispy enough

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Diego
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.