Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-19-2004, 08:33 PM  
Dave

Fahrenheit9/11 VS Farhenhype9/11

I just recently went to my local San Marcos, TX video store in the hopes of being able to rent both Fahrenheit 9/11 and Fahrenhype 9/11. My first stop was Hastings, I went to the F section only to find at least a hundred copies of Michael Moore's cynical face staring back at me and found only 3 copies of Fahrenhype that just happened to be rented out at the time. I decided to go ahead and rent the only version that was available wich of course was Moore's film.

I have to say that I'm a very strong Bush supporter, and I have a great deal of educated views in current politics. But after watching this film of Mr. Moore's, it definitely made me question my views and my support for Bush, and as crazy as it sounds I felt a disrespect for America. This movie of his appears so true, how could he be lying about this stuff?

The next day I went to return the movie at Hastings and all 3 copies of Fahrenhype were still rented out. I was determined to watch this film so I went to check out the other local video stores. I ended up going to 3 other different stores just to rent the damn thing. Blockbuster didn't even carry it. How ridiculous is that? One of the biggest film industries in America doesn't want you to see this film? Hmmmmm.

After watching Fahrenhype 9/11, I was so relieved, yet angry at the same time. I was relieved because this film shows the TRUTH in every sense of the word, It brought back my faith in America, and it showed me that we are better than Michael Moore wants us to believe. I was angry because I was played for a fool by Michael Moore, I was lied to by this anti-American slob (this is not an accurate film, not even close) and most of all I was outraged on how hard it was to come across this movie

My point is; that if Moore's movie can make me question my support for Bush, I can't imagine how it is going to make uneducated voters feel. I feel something needs to be done about this, I'm making flyers in support of the Fahrenhype movie tonight and I'm going to post them downtown, but how much affect is that gonna have if you can't even rent the movie out?

People need to see whats going on here, i'm sorry to say, but the Kerry administration is desperate and they'll do what ever it takes to win your vote. Please do yourself a favor and rent both fahrenheit 9/11 and fahrenhype 9/11 and make up your own mind, don't let Moore speak for you!

My email is hawky454@hotmail.com, email me if you have any questions.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:12 PM  

Kerry had nothing to do with the production Of Fahrenheit 911. That is all Micheal Moore. He was making that film well before anyone knew who the Democratic nominee would be. Moore isn't so much pro-Kerry as anti Bush. There is a difference between disagreeing with a set of policies that an administration has put in place and disrespecting your country. When you saw Fahrenheit you should not have ever felt a disrespect for the country but with the person making the decissions. Moore never attacks America he attacks the Bush family, their policiy decissions and their motives. If disagreement over government policy is hating America then Lincoln, MLK, and Andrew Jackson are guilty of hating America though we are a better country for them taking politically unpopular stands.

"May we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

Old 10-20-2004, 02:53 PM  
Amy

Jesse Jackson

How has Jesse Jackson made America better? By keeping racism alive? Someone you need to look into is Jesse Peterson, he's a true hero. I can't believe you would even use Martin Luther King and Jesse Jackson in the same sentence, thats just wrong. I'll have to agree with you in saying that America is a better place now, because of MLK and Lincoln, but not the Jackson, DAMNNNN!
Old 10-20-2004, 03:11 PM  
David

I don't just mean the Kerry administration, I mean the whole democratic party, they don't care who represents them in the least(just as long as he's a good speaker), they're just so damn desperate to get back in office. And moore IS putting down America by degrading soldiers and their families. He makes it look like we (WE AS IN OUR LEADERS) are horrible people, and thats just not the truth. If you really want to put the blame on this ****, point your finger at Clinton, he's the one who knew about the terrorist threat and denied to do anything about it. You have to understand that a Presidents 8 yr term is surely going to unfold well into the next Presidential term.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:00 PM  

While I didn't necessarily like Farenheit 911, I thought it was rather poorly done for the most part, and some of the scenes, like when they took bush out of context repeating 'saddam hussein' over and over again, just seemed to be cheap shots. Also, things like playing 'cocaine' in the background when mentioning the 70's and Bush was a pretty cheap shot.

That said, there was some very powerful stuff in the movie, especially when they interviewed some of the soldier's families and talked about how they felt about what the administration had done. If the film had stuck to more of that and played it low-key on the political aspect, it would have been a more powerful film, IMHO.

The thing is, don't we all remember how hard Bush and co pushed for the war in Iraq? First is was, 'we gotta go in, and we're going in no matter what'.. then, when they got a bunch of flack, it was 'ok, we will get the inspectors in, but if that doesn't work then we are going in'.. then next thing you knew we were there, even though we had already gotten major concessions from iraq and had inspectors all over the place. coupled with the sanctions, it's pretty ludicrous to believe that saddam could have been producing wmd, and i personally didn't believe it. It's pretty clear that they had an ax to grind with iraq, and as richard perle confirmed, they were ready to go in just a couple of days after 9/11, damn all the evidence.

It's pretty crappy, and I think this recent article in they NY times sums it up pretty well:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/17/magazine/17BUSH.html

I haven't read the entire article yet, but it seems pretty clear that this is how the administration works - on faith alone, damn the facts! I'm sorry, that's just not good enough. Kerry is no prince, but I believe that he can do a million times better job than bush on all fronts, and I believe that clinton did a much better job than bush is now doing. OK, I'm a liberal, but I just don't see what bush is doing good for this country..

In any case, don't put too much stock in farenheit 9/11. but don't put too much stock in it's counterpart, either.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:01 PM  

register

by the way, you guys should register on the board.. it's free, and we won't spam you.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:50 PM  
vid

Thanks for your reply.
I'm just trying to stress that Fahrenheit 9/11 is going to play a major role in the uneducated voters and the alternative isn't conveiniently available. There are a large a mount of people that will vote soley from these films alone which is sad but true. Did you see the Farenhype one? they had a lot of families that lost their loved ones in the war, and they're very proud and felt they died for a just cause, I also believe that most of the Military families feel the same way. I dunno, don't want to get into it too much, I completley respect your views.

Thanks,

Dave
Old 10-20-2004, 08:25 PM  
SE

Jessie Jackson

[quote="Amy"]How has Jesse Jackson made America better? By keeping racism alive?

I think you misunderstood the post. He was speaking about Andrew Jackson. He was the first president elected that wasnt one of the elite groups. I am told he was really the first of the presidents chosen by the people. I think that is what is being refered to in the post. Jessie J ? gotta respect a man for standing up for what he believes in I say...Isnt that what we are all doing here bitchin about the richest guys with the most power? SAM
Old 10-21-2004, 08:09 AM  

Someone's gonna feel pretty stupid when they sober up and can read.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:32 AM  
Amy

Sorry, got carried away

You're right I apolagize

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.