Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Tennessee
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-19-2010, 04:40 PM  

Nashville, Tennessee
My wife grew up in Chicago, and I grew up in Florida. We quickly decided upon landing in Tennessee that it is the best of both the North and the South. We are able to visit museums, Broadway shows and art events, but the pace of life and the people still reflect the old south civility and gentility. Come for a visit, you might stay for a while.

Old 10-20-2010, 01:36 PM  

Jonesborough, Tennessee
I laughed when my sister posted photos of her Hawaiian vacation...every one of those photos could have been taken in East Tennessee! (except the ocean shots) I am sure she spent thousands to see the kinds of things I see every day...things that are right in our back yard.

I will admit I am a transplant from the north, but the 1st time I stepped foot in the state of Tennessee, I knew instantly I wanted to live here and raise my children here. That was 32 years ago.

Many people are mentioning Gatlinburg and places like that, but to see the really cool stuff, I would suggest hopping on the hog and just venturing around. Find a local and ask them where to go!

Old 11-02-2010, 09:30 PM  

Johnson Cit, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjowens View Post
Hit East Tn, the weather now is wonderful and there are some good wheeling spots around there. You have a JK, road trip out there and hit Bumpas cove.
How does someone in Biloxi know about bumpass cove.
Aside from the great 4 wheeling, we have some of the most beautiful scenery in the world in Northeast Tennesse, Knoxville was the home of the '82 worlds fair for the East, in the middle we have Nashville which is the home of country music and the Titans, then in the west is Graceland and the birthplace of Rock and Roll.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:47 PM  

Springfield, TN
Well the best reason I know is because you can meet some of the best people on the planet here in Tennessee. There is lots to see and lots to do. So come on down now you hear.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:13 PM  

Falls Creek Falls one of the best parks in TN.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:50 PM  

Knoxville, Tennessee
I guess it all depends on where your interests lie. If you're touring the country, I assume you'll be in some type of RV. In that case, the entire state has something to offer for you. It's shear natural beauty. Start in Memphis and work your way to Knoxville into Gatlinburg.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:07 PM  

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLCinLA View Post
I would like to plan a tour of the U.S.A.
Would you help me decide where to go by giving us one good reason to visit your State.
Thanks
Because rural Appalachia is as much about going back in time as it about going to a place. Its not a destination but more a state of mind.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:23 AM  

Clarksville, Tennessee
I have three words for you.. NASHVILLE, MEMPHIS, and umm I forgot the third one.. Nashville and Memphis are the music capitals of the free world. They have the best food, best hospitality and by far the best scenery in the midwest. Best time to visit is the mid fall when the trees are changing,,breathtaking drive through the Smokies.. in West TN,, Memphis is the Sh** in May.. for the Memphis in May Festival of course.. if you like sports,, Nashville has the Predators and the Titans.. both mediocre teams,,but worth mentioning. Take a day and stroll the downtown area of Nashville, they have shops, food and entertainment.. what entertainment you say.. why the street entertainment.. there are literally hundreds of musicians trying to get discovered in downtown Nashville every day.. go into any bar and you will find them.. Memphis is pretty much the same way.. CHECK IT OUT..
Old 01-14-2011, 09:55 AM  

Great Smokey Mountains in east Tn
Old 03-07-2011, 12:04 PM  

Jack Daniels distillery in Lynchburg, Graceland, the Smokey Mountains, Historic Gatlinburg, a Titans or Predators game, it's a great state... really the question should be, why not come to Tennessee

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Tennessee
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.