Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Wisconsin
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-29-2010, 09:52 AM  

Milwaukee, WI
@doggone06 nice buck. Glad to see your drinking the high life afterwords as well. Didn't see to many during the gun hunt but Shot a 6ptr with my bow a few weeks back

Old 11-30-2010, 06:53 PM  

Wisconsin
This was my first year bowhunting since I enlisted in '89. I saw a lot of deer (my own 20 acres in Adams county), and took a shot at a nice mainframe 6 pt at about 16 yards - I got lucky (yeah, right...) and the arrow hit a limb and deflected right into a sapling... would have been a double-lung shot if it had been an inch to either side of that damned sapling... ugh!

No luck gun season...didn't see a deer, but all the 'neighbors' filled their buck tags.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:18 PM  

The WI DNR posted the kill result of the 9 day gun season today with a comparison to last years results. DNR has plenty of work yet to do IMO!
Weekly News - November 30, 2010 - WDNR
Old 12-02-2010, 01:27 PM  

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Saw a bunch, all out of range and moving away from my usual 'hot spot.' Scouted around on day 4 of 5 and found the reason... The wind storm that came through about 4 weeks before had knocked down 2 huge trees that perfectly blocked the game trail leading into my area. I blame the wife who thinks scouting weekends are just for drinking.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:32 PM  

milwaukee, wisconsin
5 guys saw 1 deer all opening weekend this was in green lake- princeton area
pretty sad
Old 12-19-2010, 03:36 PM  

Viroqua, WI
Here in Vernon County I went out every day of the 9 day season and didnt see anything. A few squirrels but not 1 deer.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:56 AM  

Glendale, WI
Was around Taylor (Near Black River Falls) and nothing was moving around at all...
Old 12-24-2010, 11:21 PM  

I just finished makeing a wild game booya. Booya is a tomato based soup that folks north of Oshkosh enjoy. Most of the time it is made with chicken. Mine has 2 pheasants (no breast meat) and 1 snow shoe hare. It is EPIC.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:00 AM  

SE WI
Since I didn't hunt WI I thought I would post my last deer, got it in WY in '09.

As far as stories go while coyote hunting back in Dec of '09 I was calling and heard some turkeys behind me making their warning call and thought it was because of mine sounds.
Turns out it was a coyote sneaking in behind me. He was supposed to be out in front, downwind. So I called one more time and watched my decoy shake again about 20 yds. out in front of my position.
Just then I heard a noise and get smacked in the middle of my back, my boonie hat goes flying off and I jumped up as much as I could sitting on the snow with snowshoes still on and sitting on a hunting 'stadium' seat.
I turn to see what hit me and there is a coyote laying about a foot behind me I start to bring the gun around and it spots the movement and starts to get up. I come around and pull the trigger and hear the 'click' as I forgot to flip off the safety. Don't know how I could have forgot that So I get to watch it take off through the pines behind me with no shot to take.
Sure got the heart pumping
It was too dark to see anything after that so I headed back to the in laws place

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Wisconsin
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.