Owning an old, limited edition vehicle makes finding parts a challenge. I had to make my own accelerator cable today because they are discontinued through GM.
I had a throttle cable from my motorcycle laying around and it became the donor.
The casing on mine was rotten.
I cut the connectors what was left of the old cable, then drilled them back out to 1/4" to fit the new cable.
Next I cut the cable to length. I didnt know the exact length since the old casing was rotten, but got it close and just adjusted the cable length.
I cut the cable to length and silver soldered the end to keep it from fraying.
I epoxied the case into the fittings to secure them. Then put some heat shrink over it just for good measure.
I then soldered some small nuts in place as the cable stays.
It all works great now, no more sticky throttle and 0-100% tps is perfect now.