Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-22-2010, 04:25 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
Chiropractors - Good or Bad?

Do Chiropractors actually help or is it like Homeopathic medicine where it's more mind over matter?

Old 09-22-2010, 04:38 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Personally, I don't use them. My wife swears by them, but I've never used one in my life and I'm still alright.

I've never had a back injury, so I can't speak for those folks, but I'm still alive without one.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-22-2010, 04:41 PM  

I'm certain everyone has their own "good or bad" stories. I myself was ordered to go to one for 6 months, after getting rear ended in my patrol unit by some dummy while I was working. I equate it to cracking a knuckle, it kinda feels good at the moment, but five minutes later I felt the same. Every day, he would crack my neck and back, but nothing helped except the massages and heat and cold.

On another note, my Mom had a backache so she went to one for over two years. When she wasn't feeling better, she wanted to go to a real doctor but the quack said to give it one more year. When the pain became excrutiating, she went to the doctor and was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer of the cervix, and died 3 months later. I firmly believe if she had gone to the doctor instead of the quack, she'd still be around today.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:48 PM  
Vrrooomm

Quincy, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
I'm certain everyone has their own "good or bad" stories. I myself was ordered to go to one for 6 months, after getting rear ended in my patrol unit by some dummy while I was working. I equate it to cracking a knuckle, it kinda feels good at the moment, but five minutes later I felt the same. Every day, he would crack my neck and back, but nothing helped except the massages and heat and cold.

On another note, my Mom had a backache so she went to one for over two years. When she wasn't feeling better, she wanted to go to a real doctor but the quack said to give it one more year. When the pain became excrutiating, she went to the doctor and was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer of the cervix, and died 3 months later. I firmly believe if she had gone to the doctor instead of the quack, she'd still be around today.
Sorry to hear about your mom, my friend. I lost my dad in 2004 to lung cancer. It's NEVER an easy process and haunts you for the rest of your life.

As for my own personal experience, I was having alot of neck pain for awhile and finally decided to go see one. After a bit of contorting, the doc ran x-rays found that I had actually had an inflammation in the tissue of my spine and prescribed some antibiotic. I went back to him regularly to help keep my spine in alignment while the antibiotic worked and after a few weeks I was feeling alot better and I haven't had a problem since.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:03 PM  

Newport News, Virginia
I go to one on occasion. Last year I started getting severe pain in my left butt cheek and down my leg. Sciatic nerve pain. My GF urged me to go see her Chiropractor but I refused. The pain kept getting worse and worse and I started to lose feeling in my toes during the pain so I gave in and "gave it a try" At first I felt "better" but was like said above, the next day I felt the same. After the second visit I noticed the pain wasn't coming back as often or as bad. I saw him twice a week for two weeks then once a week for about a month. After about six weeks I was not having any pain and the numb feeling was completely gone.

Now I go when my back hurts or I start having trouble sleeping because I noticed those things went away too. I haven't had sciatic nerve issues in 8-10 months now.

The first visit is hard at first but you have a good "Dr" he will give you time, if needed.

And for your entertainment... Eddie Izzard talks about Chiropractors
Old 09-22-2010, 08:35 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
Insurance cover it or did you have to pay out of pocket?
Old 09-22-2010, 08:41 PM  

Middlebury, Ct.
I have 2 bad discs in my back on have heard bad and good but am afraid to take that leap. I get spinal injections about every 3 weeks (today was one) which is an anti-inflammatory and also a steroid. Thank God my wife works for the State and has great benefits as each of these shots is about $800. the next day after the shot sucks but the day after that I can actually wake up in the morning and be able to tie my shoes or put socks on. Most of the time I sleep fully clothed because doing so in the morning hurts real bad. I have zip up work boots!
Old 09-22-2010, 08:46 PM  
Vrrooomm

Quincy, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Insurance cover it or did you have to pay out of pocket?
Well, I paid out of pocket because I don't have health insurance.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:53 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustMan View Post
Well, I paid out of pocket because I don't have health insurance.
How much was a visit or can you give some idea of pricing.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:07 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade42470 View Post
I have 2 bad discs in my back on have heard bad and good but am afraid to take that leap. I get spinal injections about every 3 weeks (today was one) which is an anti-inflammatory and also a steroid. Thank God my wife works for the State and has great benefits as each of these shots is about $800. the next day after the shot sucks but the day after that I can actually wake up in the morning and be able to tie my shoes or put socks on. Most of the time I sleep fully clothed because doing so in the morning hurts real bad. I have zip up work boots!
Have the Doctors given you other options you are postponing like surgery?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.