Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 02-06-2012, 11:27 AM  
Senior Member
 
havasu's Avatar

California
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,747 | Kudos: +238
Images: 17
Surely there must be more scientific proof that these aliens exist!
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:32 AM  
Mr. Happy
 
RiponredTJ's Avatar

Montreal, Quebec
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,908 | Kudos: +139
Images: 7
What, you don't believe me?

__________________

__________________
Алекс says don't drink and derive
.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:51 PM  
Moderator Emeritus
 
Austin's Avatar

Texas
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,990 | Kudos: +90
Images: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Surely there must be more scientific proof that these aliens exist!
The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:00 PM  
Senior Member
 
havasu's Avatar

California
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,747 | Kudos: +238
Images: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.
Darn Austin. Don't get so heavy with me...I'm easily confused!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:07 PM  
Moderator Emeritus
 
Austin's Avatar

Texas
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,990 | Kudos: +90
Images: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Darn Austin. Don't get so heavy with me...I'm easily confused!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_truly_large_numbers

This makes me think it could easily happen else where in an infinite universe.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:23 PM  
Mr. Happy
 
RiponredTJ's Avatar

Montreal, Quebec
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,908 | Kudos: +139
Images: 7
I've been investing all my funds in lottery tickets based on this hypothesis...






































...and it hasn't worked!

Who do I complain to?
__________________
Алекс says don't drink and derive
.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:40 PM  
Senior Member

Bristol, Tennessee
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,062 | Kudos: +48
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
I've been investing all my funds in lottery tickets based on this hypothesis...[/COLOR]
I know you are joking..... but the law of large numbers would say that someone could/will eventually win, not that any case would

with the ever increasing number of planets we have discovered just in the last few years that are in the habitable zone in our own galaxy that is currently estimated at about half a million, and then considering that there are potentially billions of galaxies out in space and you get some incredibly huge number of planets that have potential for life

with an estimated 125 BILLION galaxies (and if we assume each galaxy has the same potential planet wise as our galaxy) you get 500,000 x 125,000,000,000 potentially habitable planets, when you consider that potential, I think it's almost insane to pretend we are all there was,is and will be as far as intelligent life......

... sadly with the scale of the universe we will never know for sure what is out there...
__________________
Please help babies...... http://www.intactamerica.org/
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:22 AM  
Mr. Happy
 
RiponredTJ's Avatar

Montreal, Quebec
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,908 | Kudos: +139
Images: 7
Don't get me wrong, I'm a firm believer that intelligence life exists elsewhere even within our own little galaxy. I also believe Earth has been visited by an extraterrestrial intelligence more than once in it's history.

Like you say, the odds are pretty good, and a lot of our mythology could easily stem from such visitations.
__________________
Алекс says don't drink and derive
.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:42 AM  
Senior Member
 
oldognewtrick's Avatar

Nashville, TN
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 493 | Kudos: +74
[QUOTE=RiponredTJ;136694]Don't get me wrong, I'm a firm believer that intelligence life exists elsewhere even within our own little galaxy. I also believe Earth has been visited by an extraterrestrial intelligence more than once in it's history.

Like you say, the odds are pretty good, and a lot of our mythology could easily stem from such visitations.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but I'm sure other intelligent life forms look at us as maybe we are not as intelligent as we think we are.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:00 AM  
Supporting Member
 
teaberryeagle's Avatar

Richmond, VA
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,444 | Kudos: +200
Images: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Surely there must be more scientific proof that these aliens exist!
Did you read this article about Ronald Reagan being told of the "ET's"??

http://www.serpo.org/release27a.php
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.