Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-06-2010, 12:58 AM  

Peoria, Arizona
ive only been to tuscon twice. once for a race and the people were really rude. and the other time i was just passing through. idk it didnt spark my interest. i have to go down in december cause my best friend is having her baby. maybe ill get to see a little more of the area.

i think anything along 89A is worth checking out. as well as the beeline (87) and mostly anything up 260. i want to check out some of the north eastern state though. i think the area is called canyon de chelly? supposed to be a really rugged drive. monument valley and all that. seems like its arizonas moab from what ive heard.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:11 PM  

near Tucson, Arizona
Pinetop / Lakeside --

Old 10-06-2010, 02:24 PM  

phoenix, az
I would say payson area. I love the outdoors and it is just amazing up there. I do a lot of fishing/hunting and camping up there.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:22 AM  

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by bldeagle10 View Post
ive only been to tuscon twice. once for a race and the people were really rude. and the other time i was just passing through. idk it didnt spark my interest. i have to go down in december cause my best friend is having her baby. maybe ill get to see a little more of the area.

i think anything along 89A is worth checking out. as well as the beeline (87) and mostly anything up 260. i want to check out some of the north eastern state though. i think the area is called canyon de chelly? supposed to be a really rugged drive. monument valley and all that. seems like its arizonas moab from what ive heard.
I agree I've been to Tuscon a couple of times and didn't like it at all.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:18 AM  
most definitely a nobody

Tacoma-ish, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by bldeagle10 View Post
... as well as the beeline (87) ....
one of my favorite rides in the winter!

Hoss
Old 10-07-2010, 09:28 AM  

San Diego, CA
Lived in Prescott (Preskit) for a few years and loved it, nothing beats Zuma's sweet potato fries or Pancho's Fajitas. The courthouse square is great for shopping as well. On the southern end of the state, Arivaca is pretty cool to visit. Have a Green Chile burger at the Longhorn before taking Arivaca Rd. Have some coffee at the coffee company on the way into town, stop at the bar accross from the general store for a beer and just listen to the locals. Take the road south of town to Ruby and check out the scene at Arivaca Lake. I actually took the back roads to Tombstone, it was a long drive but the scenery made it well worth it.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:06 AM  

Mpls, Minnesota
I love visiting Jerome. Probably one of my favorite places to spend time. I don't think I could live there though. I would choose Prescott as a place to reside. I love the feel and history of the city. It's North far enough not to be boiling hot, but south far enough to get to Phoenix and actually get to spend the day. Phoenix isn't all that great IMO. Overall though, I love AZ. I could see myself moving there in the near future.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:30 AM  

Peoria, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamataco View Post
I agree I've been to Tuscon a couple of times and didn't like it at all.
yea its just doesnt hold an appeal for me... to each his own i guess
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoonHoss View Post
one of my favorite rides in the winter!

Hoss
deffinately. i love the fast corners i always catch myself going way to fast. its very beautiful too. makes you wonder what happened when you look away from the road and all of the sudden the trees are gone and you are in the desert and its only been an hour. or vice versa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemeatm View Post
Lived in Prescott (Preskit) for a few years and loved it, nothing beats Zuma's sweet potato fries or Pancho's Fajitas. The courthouse square is great for shopping as well. On the southern end of the state, Arivaca is pretty cool to visit. Have a Green Chile burger at the Longhorn before taking Arivaca Rd. Have some coffee at the coffee company on the way into town, stop at the bar accross from the general store for a beer and just listen to the locals. Take the road south of town to Ruby and check out the scene at Arivaca Lake. I actually took the back roads to Tombstone, it was a long drive but the scenery made it well worth it.
i love prescott. kendalls on the north east corner of the courthouse square has some really good burgers and im allergic to ice cream but i can have their malts no problem
Old 10-08-2010, 12:55 AM  

Gilbert, Arizona
There is a creek called Cherry Creek up near Young, AZ that I frequent because of my work and it is beautiful... there is a waterfall on it that requires a little hike to get to but it is a wonderful site to see...
Old 10-08-2010, 10:02 AM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherbeliakin View Post
There is a creek called Cherry Creek up near Young, AZ that I frequent because of my work and it is beautiful... there is a waterfall on it that requires a little hike to get to but it is a wonderful site to see...
Cherry creek. That sounds dirty. lol

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.