Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois > Chicago
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-01-2010, 04:02 PM  

Chicago, Illinois
Superdawg......hell the frys and green tomatoes alone are the best in the City.

Old 12-01-2010, 04:04 PM  

Chicago, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derivative View Post
Bozo's still around??
Not in the city that I know of.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:23 PM  

Naperville, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown View Post
Without a doubt...Hot Dougs. I go there whenever I am in Chicago. Duck fat fries rule.
The duck fat fries are awesome... I think they only have them certain days though.

Theyve got some of the most creative flavor combos on the dogs too... always good stuff
Old 12-02-2010, 01:29 PM  

Chicago, Illinois
Gene and Jude's has my favorite in the city, although Chickie's (known mostly for their beef) on 2839 S. Pulaski has solid Vienna beef wieners with natural casing (a must for a proper Chicago hot dog.) Both of these places are the minimalist style (onions, mustard, relish, optional sport pepper) of Chicago hot dog, not the drag-through-the-garden style on a poppy seed roll.

And Portillo's, despite it being a local chain, does a solid job with the dogs, too, more of the stereotypical "Chicago dog." (The only difference, I think, is they don't use the neon relish.) The char dog at the infamous Wiener Circle is one of my favorites, too. Just don't go there on a weekend night when the drunken frat ******bag crowd comes out.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:11 PM  

Wheeling, IL
Gotta vote for Hot Doug's, although I admit I have never had a "plain" hot dog there.

There is also a hole in the wall place on the corner just east of Pompei's on Taylor St near UIC. Great hot dogs and beef and I grew up on their Vienna beef dogs.

Never been a huge fan of Superdawg's.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:42 PM  

Chicago, IL
Here's another vote for Hot Doug's. The duck fat fries are on Fridays and Saturdays. Their standard Chicago dog is stellar. The Game of the week is always fantastic. The veggie dog is even great. How is that possible?

Byron's also makes a pretty solid dog. There is one on Lawrence and I think another location is out there somewhere.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:19 PM  

Chicago, IL
Portillos for sure. I love their shakes and italian beef as well.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:59 PM  

Algonquin, Illinois
It used to be Demon Dogs, under the L at Fullerton. But sadly, they closed a few years ago to make way for a new platform. I'm actually pretty impressed with America's Dog. Great topping options with regional favorites from across the States...the menu will blow your mind.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:34 PM  

Chicago, IL
The thing about Hot Doug's is the wait. I think it is worth it for the sausages, but I wouldn't wait 20, 30, 60 minutes for just a hot dog, no matter how good.

I really like Flub a Dub Chub on Broadway around Wellington. Good dogs, hamburgers, atmosphere and you can take it to go and eat in the bar right upstairs.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:25 PM  

Chicago, Illinois
GENE AND JUDES!!!!!!!!! I love me some Gene and Judes... Jimmys off pulaski and grand are pretty good too...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois > Chicago
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.