Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-13-2010, 05:20 AM  

Houston, Texas
I know there are a lot of brewers out there that are not "joiners". I like the social aspect, but like to do my own thing too. Organizing a meetup isn't a bad idea. I had a club at work that has kind of died as people have transferred or moved on to other companies. We used to meet at various places to try new beers and would do brew days and split the brew. I'll start up another thread on homebrewing and maybe we can get enough response to put a tasting together after the holidays. FYI, the Houston members of the American Homebrewers Association has an annual party here in town. This year it was Dec 5th with an after party at the Petrol Station where homebrew is welcome for the occassion. Last year it started at St. Arnolds and move to the Petrol Station.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:00 AM  

League City, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPatton View Post
Damn! I missed the American Homebrewer's Association annual Xmas party, after party at Petrol this past Sunday. I like the place, its homebrewer friendly and they know their beers.
Sounds like that would've been fun! I agree with The Petrol's friendliness towards homebrewers. I participated in their pumpkin beer throwdown and was pleased and surprised by the turnout. The only negative I had was that the participants got zero feedback from the judges. I just wanted to know what I could have done to better my brew. Regardless, it was a good time.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:09 AM  

League City, TX
Quote:
I'll start up another thread on homebrewing and maybe we can get enough response to put a tasting together after the holidays.
Awesome. Post a link to the thread here so we know about it. I've got a Belgian Tripel and an Old Ale in the fermenters right now!
Old 12-13-2010, 12:33 PM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
I know there are a lot of brewers out there that are not "joiners". I like the social aspect, but like to do my own thing too. Organizing a meetup isn't a bad idea... I'll start up another thread on homebrewing and maybe we can get enough response to put a tasting together after the holidays.
Good idea. I'd like to meet some other homebrewers myself, as I'm about to start putting together my own equipment and branch out on my own.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:45 AM  

Houston, TX
i like the idea of the social aspect of homebrewing, but i work on the westside, and live on far northwest side, and everything is always in town, so I just never go to any. 30 mile drive home is never fun. for houston beer week a couple weeks back, there was a participating brewery on my side of town (rockwells), so I went everyday to their deal, and we did make it out to the beer fest at brennans since it was on saturday
Old 12-15-2010, 08:08 AM  

Houston, TX
Anyone been to PubHub in Katy or Blue Moose Lodge on Washington? Have yet to check 'em out but they advertise a decent beer selection.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:33 AM  

Houston, Texas
The PubHub has a pretty good selection. The Day Manager is a beer geek too so he is pretty knowledgable about the beers they have. The good thing is Tuesdays is $3 draft night, including Belgian ales. Me and the wife went this tuesday and had Maredsous 10. You get a 12oz chalice, not some thimble full like the YardHouse. The pub my ex used to own we sold it for $9 a pint so it is a bargain. On Thursdays its Texas Draft night. All Texas beers are $2 including St. Arnolds and Real Ale.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:27 PM  

Houston, TX
Home brewer here in Cypress (only 20 gallons under my belt so far). Definately don't brew as often as I would like to, but I get to brew about every other month or so.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:54 AM  

Houston, Texas
PubHub has great beer selection, but the food is so-so. Their queso is WAY too salty. In their defense, I haven't tried everything on the menu. Maybe their burgers are great. The BBQ Chicken pizza is a plus.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:12 PM  

HOUSTON, Texas
There is a great little place in the village that has a decent selection and has a bocce ball and such available. Anyone know the name?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.