Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maine
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2010, 03:10 PM  

Bangor
Looking for Cabins in Maine.

I'm looking for cabins in Maine. Something close to things to do would be nice.

I'm looking for some close to Bangor.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:33 PM  

Bangor, Maine
I don't know of many in the Bangor area personally, but there must be some around here on Pushaw perhaps.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:27 PM  

Augusta
I know there's a whole bunch in the Belgrade Lakes Region. That's about 3 hours from Bangor though..
Old 09-13-2010, 10:40 AM  

Bangor, Maine
The Belgrade lakes do have some nice ones. Mcgath pond, snow pond. Lots of place. I'd really like to make more trips over there since it's really near my place.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:52 PM  

Northen, Maine
Google a local remax agent and if its like it is up north you'll find plenty of choices to pick from
Old 10-06-2010, 06:35 AM  

Wethersfield, CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary View Post
I'm looking for cabins in Maine. Something close to things to do would be nice.

I'm looking for some close to Bangor.
In the woods or on a lake? Are you looking for something ready to move into and use or one that needs renovation/be completely rebuilt?

My father has a few lakefront properties for sale on Lake Sebasticook in Newport, only 35-40 minutes away from Bangor. Since there are cottages already there, the distance from water is grandfathered so if you were to completely renovate/rebuild you wouldn't need the usual set-back.

The first one was in my grandmother's family and where I spent summers as a kid. It's on 3/4 acre and sits right on a point on the south side of the lake with 275' of frontage. Due to different family circumstances over the years it hasn't been used much so it definitely needs some work, especially the outbuildings. Non-ME residents are taxed by the linear water frontage which is why my father is keeping my uncle's house with a narrower lot. See #8 on the link below.

One of them could probably be used as-is with some work, has 150' of frontage and sits on 1/2 acre. See #16 below.

The last one, while probably salvageable, is in a bit rougher shape. Although it is closer to the water, less than 30'. Almost .70 acres and 102' of frontage.

The agent is Frank Pray-Realty of Maine #'s 8, 16 & 24.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:32 AM  

warwick, rhode island
rangeley is always a good choice. but when you say near things? you talking mall, or trees? what season are you looking for? what activities?
Old 10-06-2010, 02:11 PM  

Brunswick, Maine
Are you looking to rent one for like a week or so, or are you looking to buy a cabin?
Old 10-21-2010, 11:07 AM  

El Paso, Texas
I second Rangely, but it all depends on what you are planning on doing while you are there.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:19 PM  
gone jeepin'

West paris, Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainauti View Post
rangeley is always a good choice. but when you say near things? you talking mall, or trees? what season are you looking for? what activities?
x2. i spend a good amount of time in eaustis. i love the area. and of course getting useless in eustis

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maine
Bookmark this Page!