Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-09-2013, 02:03 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
You will likely disagree... I feel that it is partially a vicious circle. In attempting to "help" oftentimes the government is only enabling behavior and encouraging mentalities that promote poor performance, poor examples, and overall poor parenting. Frankly, I don't have a set of ideas that will work. But It is apparent to me that the root cause will not be dealt with. The root cause (in my opinion) is that we are becoming an anything goes type of society where moral fibers are being stripped in the name of so called "open mindedness"... This results in broken families and repercussions that we try to control or ignore all together.
The serenity prayer comes to mind. Something about changing the things you cannot accept; accepting the things you cannot change; and wisdom to know the difference. Government can't step into the parent-child relationship to the extent that would be required to forcibly correct what you perceive to be a problem.

I understand the idea that governmental welfare programs can perpetuate poverty conditions and should be discouraged. But you acknowledged that private industry can also cause problems by taking undue advantage over workers/consumers. If the private sector can eliminate, or at least mitigate the part of the problem for which it is responsible, there would be significantly less need for the welfare programs you're talking about.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.