Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-20-2012, 10:50 AM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I'm looking to buy a new bike sometime soon so I can start riding again in the spring.
I'm liking this one.
Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-2000_roam_xr_1_gmb_1392.jpg 

Old 01-20-2012, 01:10 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I had a Trek at one point, always enjoyed it.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:17 PM  

Houston, Texas
I'm selling my Motobecane Cafe Latte if you want to come to Texas. Go to Craigslist Houston, under bicycles search for the bike by title. Selling it to move to a Surly Long Haul Trucker for my tour this year.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:32 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Never heard of Surly's before. Looked them up and it turns out there's a couple of dealers here in Montreal. The LHT is a pretty sweet bike, but I'm liking the Cross-Check even more for the kind of riding I do. I may have to reconsider the Giant, because I really do like those Surly bikes. Thanks for the lead!

So what's all this about a tour this year?
Old 01-20-2012, 05:49 PM  

Houston, Texas
The LHT is a purpose built touring bike. Although almost any well made bike could be used with some mods that's what the LHT is built for. The Cross Check is sweet and built solid. The place I'm getting my LHT from sells bamboo bikes as well. Don't laugh. Bamboo is very tough stuff. They're called Boo Bikes. Don't know if I would have one but they are unique and good looking.
I'm planning on doing a tour this year. Hopefully I can make that happen. We shall see. It's going to be approximately 1300 miles. And one way. Leaving Texas and ain't coming back. Calling it the Yellow Brick Road Tour. The name should give a clue to where I'm headed.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:32 PM  

So, I would imagine by having a bamboo bike, you would avoid zoos where the Pandas would eat your mode of transportation?
Old 01-21-2012, 07:05 AM  

Houston, Texas
Ouch! I guess then you would end up riding a panda?
Old 01-21-2012, 07:30 AM  

I guess you could wait until your bicycle passes through the digestive system of the Panda and then rebuild it? That would be a hot and steamy ride!
Old 01-21-2012, 02:05 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
The LHT is a purpose built touring bike. Although almost any well made bike could be used with some mods that's what the LHT is built for. The Cross Check is sweet and built solid. The place I'm getting my LHT from sells bamboo bikes as well. Don't laugh. Bamboo is very tough stuff. They're called Boo Bikes. Don't know if I would have one but they are unique and good looking.
I'm planning on doing a tour this year. Hopefully I can make that happen. We shall see. It's going to be approximately 1300 miles. And one way. Leaving Texas and ain't coming back. Calling it the Yellow Brick Road Tour. The name should give a clue to where I'm headed.
I'm at a loss. Why do you want to leave Texas?
Old 01-21-2012, 02:08 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
On another note, I just finished helping my younger son move out with his girlfriend today.

I thought I would be happy to see him step up to the plate and start making his own life, but to be honest, I'm a little shook up about it.

I mean, who's gonna shovel the driveway for me now

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.