Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon
Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2010, 09:40 AM  

Canby, Oregon
Mountain Biking

Any other cyclists on here? Where do you ride what's the terrain like?

My usual is Molalla River Corridor, the trails are varied from graveled to technical single track. Quite a few equestrains use the area as well so be smart and keep an eye out for them.

The new Sandy trails have captured my heart though great trail system easy paved ride to the top and lots of challenging downhill with jumps, rocks, and roots to keep you entertained on the way down.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:01 AM  

Medford, Oregon
I ride in southern Oregon around Ashland and Applegate lake. The trails are awesome-great technical singletrack and true cross country trails-they ride great in either direction. The trails get a little dusty in summer and a little slippery in winter, but in spring and fall, they rock

Old 11-19-2010, 12:55 PM  

Portland, OREGON!
Ape Caves! Suuuper fun
Old 11-19-2010, 03:01 PM  

Fun ride - Blackrock - brmba.org
or theres always the McKenzie river trail if you're into scenic rides
Old 11-20-2010, 11:28 PM  

Portland, Oregon
hood river mostly, post canyon, ... surveyor's if theres time to plan. Also, oddly enough... forest park has recently been revealed in a whole new light to me... had no idea the level of technicality tucked away in there (and only a few minutes away). .... So many choices.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:24 AM  

Sandy, Oregon
Check out the new Sandy River area near Brightwood, it has just been developed in the last year and attracting a lot of people. It has a paved road to ride up and several miles of trails.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:39 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Lava Fields

The Boring Lava fields East of Portland fascinate me. The area looks good for biking and exploring the vulcanology of the Cascades is next on my to do list.
Mountain Biking-517px-boring_lava_allen_map.jpg 

Old 11-23-2010, 12:19 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
I'm in the Salem area and West of me lies Falls City at the edge of the Coast Range. Bikers have constructed an intricate series of challenging bike trails and ramps. At 65 I'm too old to use it but the kid in me thinks it looks great.
Get a good map before even looking for the biking area. The whole area is crisscrossed with logging roads.
Mountain Biking-fcity.jpg 

Old 11-23-2010, 01:28 PM  

Eugene, Oregon
East of Cottage Grove there are a few excellent mountain biking spots. The trail to Spirit Falls is pretty hardcore, and the Cedar Creek trail is another challenge.
Hiking Trails, Umpqua River, Oregon
Old 11-24-2010, 09:16 PM  

Bend
You should check out the mt. biking in the Bend area. Some of the best on the west coast. Phil's trail, etc. You can ride right out of Bend and go for longer than you can imagin. Check it out!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon
Bookmark this Page!