Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-06-2010, 02:32 PM  

Portland, Oregon
If you can drive around crater lake you would enjoy that, but it's not on the coast. Don't bother in the winter though.

The southern half of 101 has downright amazing scenery also.

Someone mentioned the Beachfront Inn in Brookings, I'd say go for it if you make it that far, because it is the best in town, but the beach it's on is bleh. Harris beach is better for a day out. My favorite is rainbow rock, it's always quite - hardly any locals even go there. It's just a 2 minute trail off the highway.

If you make it down this far, you've got to check out natural bridges, arch rock, and indian sands (especially on a big swell day) and rainbow rock. all on 101 and marked decently.

Oh, and Oregons tallest bridge, Thomas Creek Bridge.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:37 PM  

hermiston, oregon
dont forget about the sea lion caves

Old 10-10-2010, 02:27 AM  

Portland, Oregon
Don't forget the light houses a long the coast.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:56 AM  

Salem, Oregon
There is so much to see and do here. Depoe Bay is cool. Also the Sea Lion Caves, sand dune tours in Florence, the Port Orford area is beautiful, and the Oregon Caves are a must-see.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:50 AM  

Bend, OR
I am going to Sandlake this weekend which is between Lincoln City and Tillamook just a few minutes north of Pacific City. Pacific City is a cool little town to visit but I'm going to Sandlake to go out in my Jeep and play in the sand. If you have quads or an off-road capable vehicle it's really fun to drive in the sand and in the water.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:25 PM  

Eugene, Oregon
try a microbrew pub crawl down 101 (hit Pelican in Pacific City for sure)
Old 10-18-2010, 04:08 PM  

Medford, Oregon
Depending on the route you take, if by chance you take hwy 199 (Redwood Hwy) in Southern Oregon, this route will take you through the Redwoods, then you can catch hwy 101 north and travel the entire Oregon coast hwy.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:49 AM  
That Guy

Vancouver, Washington
I have always been a fan of Astoria as well, if you like history.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:55 PM  

astoria, oregon
I say visit Astoria. Brush up on your history of the Lewis and Clark expedition. We have historic Fort Clatsop here where Lewis and Clark wintered. We also have Fort Stevens state park loaded with the old WWII batteries. Also just a short drive from astoria across the Megler bridge lies Illwaco washington and they have a great Lewis and Clark museaum.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:56 PM  

Lebanon, OR
Newport Aquarium is pretty cool and right by it is a glass blowing shop where you can watch the action or even try your hand at blowing your own float.

Some great shops and little restaurants in the historic Nye Beach area of Newport too. One of my favorite's is Nana's Irish Pub - wonderfully creative food there.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.