Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-23-2010, 05:27 AM  

Douglassville, PA
The Plough and the Stars is one of the few places I have ever been where you can get a "Dirty Ho" on tap.

For those who don't know...

A Dirty Ho is Hoegaarden and Framboise.

John

Old 11-24-2010, 02:15 AM  

Seoul
So that's to say they have framboise on tap?! that's pretty crazy, I don't think I've ever seen that. I've been in there a few times but thought it was overpriced and not that great generally, but I was planning on making a Three Philosophers homebrew clone...this may change my mind!

Old 11-24-2010, 06:21 AM  

Philadelphia, PA
One of my favorite bars, Beneluxx, and it's sister bar, Eulogy, both have a few lambics on tap, and I'm pretty sure at least one of them is a framboise. Beneluxx has Hoegaarden on tap too, so I suppose that would be an option. Certainly not the most common thing to find, but it is nice to be able to get a small taste of a lambic instead of a big bottle (Beneluxx also offers half-glasses of most drinks, which is really nice for trying new brews)
Old 11-30-2010, 09:39 PM  

Ardmore, PA
Craft Ale house in Limerick, TJ's in Paoli, Flying Pig in Malvern, Teresa's in Wayne, Gulifty's in Bryn Mawr to name a few....

This is a pretty cool website for finding a specific beer at a bar, or a bar's "current" taplist:

Beer Menus - Find Great Beer in Philadelphia
Old 12-01-2010, 09:23 AM  

Philadelphia, PA
@johnodon, around the corner, Eulogy also serves up Dirty Ho's (the drink, maybe the other kind too, ha).

Tonight is the Khyber reinvention/relaunch party! The following beers will be on tap: Ballast Point Sculpin, Allagash Curieux, Russian River Pliny The Elder, Yards Woodford Reserve Bourbon Barell Aged Gen. Washington's Porter, Terrapin So Fresh & So Green Green, Founders Curmudgeon and Troegs Mad Elf.

Pretty solid list, but the best part?! 6pm ? 9pm all 22 drafts are $2! and from 9pm ? 10pm, there's a free open bar of Sly Fox Dunkel Lager/Phoenix Pale Ale.

So yeah, Philly's a great beer town!
Old 12-01-2010, 01:33 PM  

Philadelphia, PA
Brauhaus Schmitz has THE best selection of German brews ANYWHERE!
Old 12-01-2010, 10:41 PM  

Philadelphia
The Grey Lodge on frankford ave is a great bar with a great selection of beers, also a awesome create your own 6 pack store several miles north on frankford ave called The Craft Beer outlet is where i probalbly spend a little to much money sometimes but its hard to resist trying so many different beers from such a huge selection and the employees always are helpful with alot of the selection its a must visit oh yeah they also have local breweries on occasion as guest with tastings
Old 12-03-2010, 03:47 PM  

philadelphia, pennsylvania
Monk's downtown or the Belgian Cafe in the art museum area... spring street I think
Old 12-05-2010, 03:57 PM  
PA HUNTER

PENNSYLVANIA
My 2 cents...

+1 for the Grey Lodge on Frankford Ave below Harbison Ave in NE Philly.

Had my retirement party there...always different beers flowing from the taps !!

Enjoy
Old 12-06-2010, 02:29 PM  

Philadelphia, PA
I tend to frequent Johnny Brenda's, Memphis Taproom and Kraftwork. Dos Segundos has a pretty good beer list, surprising since it is a Mexican place (then again the beer at Jose Pistolas is great too).

Watkins Drinkery is a new place I just visited, neat menu and good modestly priced beers.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads