Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Traveling
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2020, 05:49 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
3 abandoned motels

I discovered today that the Drake, Carrousel and Sycamore Motels on Reading Road in Reading, Ohio, just north of Cincinnati, are still standing.
All three have been abandoned, although they didn't look too bad from the outside. I have no idea what they look like on the inside. With all the complaints about lack of affordable housing, why haven't these three been remodeled into apartments?
I think they were apartments in recent years, but with very questionable clientele and lots of suspicious activities. All three buildings are Mid-Century Modern (AKA 1960s modular), on a busy road with sidewalks and a bus route. In San Francisco these motels would have been completely updated and renting for several thousand dollars each month. In Cincinnati they are almost worthless, which is a shame.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Traveling
Bookmark this Page!