Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-18-2010, 09:05 AM  

Greene County, Virginia
I think hands free should be the way to go. If only people would be responsible for themselves and take it upon themselves to do it instead of waiting for more laws to be passed down.

Old 12-21-2010, 07:18 PM  

Pearisburg, Va
I think it won't be much longer before hands free devices will be mandated. I cant wait!

Old 12-24-2010, 12:07 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
Why do you need to talk on the phone at all while your driving?

I try to never do it. Does it happen sure but I will pull over or get of the phone asap.

We don't need more laws. We need people who are not a bunch of idiots.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:42 PM  

more laws wont help stupid people who cant drive in the first place. i think they should have tougher driving standards. everyone multitasks while driving either on their cell phone ,eating, dropped something, spilled something, changed radio station, looked out the window too long, etc.... its not cell phones that kill it bad drivers.... who can't pay attention
Old 01-10-2011, 12:37 PM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporLung View Post
There is already a proposed bill in the General Assembly that makes it illegal to operate a vehicle and cell phone unless it is with a handsfree device. Sadly, I believe this has been proposed before to our legislators but was shot down (or not acted upon) in the past.

Maybe this year will be the year to see it cross the Governors desk. (That and a few others Im following closely)
Ive really got to start linking back to my notes on this

I just saw ANOTHER bill (proposed in the Senate I believe) that bans cell phone usage COMPLETELY (handsfree or not) - It also makes the offense a class 3 misdemeanor as opposed to a civil fine. If they ban cell usage (which I am for) I would most definitely be for the handsfree compromise.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:43 PM  

Virginia
I am all for making the roads more safe but I don't think taking cell phone usage completely away is the right way to go. It's not going to prevent most people from using them anyways.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:42 PM  

Herndon, Virginia
I think there should NOT be any laws preventing cell phone usage in a car or texting while driving. That said, there needs to be a way to hold someone accountable if they were using a cell phone and got into an accident, such as through Lawful Interception or some other means. Then, the punishment needs to be escalated to a felony.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.