Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-17-2011, 04:22 AM  

Woodbridge, Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBar View Post
Have you thought about having a garden out there? If it truely is going to be your bug out location you'll want more than bear/deer to eat. Also think about storing canned/jarred goods as well as a way to filter water.

ETA: If you have ITunes I suggest listing to The Survival Podcast. Great information and entertaining to boot.
You are a smart man and yes.... we just spent over $200.00 on seeds of all kinds. We selected crops that grow under all kinds of temps and conditions and this weekend will be preparing a large area for a garden. We also just ordered a hand pump from "Bison pumps". If you have an electric pump on a well, you should check them out on youtube. They make a great hand pump for when the power goes out. We also are going to buy a Solar Generator. Check that out on youtube as well. I will sign up for the podcast that you spoke of. Sounds great! Thanks again brother and stay safe!

Old 02-17-2011, 04:23 AM  

Woodbridge, Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurdoc34 View Post
I have at least 3 weeks of food on hand at all time. I also have the ability to put a rifle in every window and I have at least 2 rifles that can reach out and touch some one.

Worst come to worst I will just shoot and eat the people trying to get to me and mine.

I am not going anywhere. I am staying put. If hte zombies come traffic will come to a complete stand still. I will wait till they all die or leave then I will slowly start gathering needed supply's and what not.
I love your attitude brother!!! That is what it takes to NOT be a victim. You will be fine. Hooah!

Old 02-17-2011, 04:24 AM  

Woodbridge, Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydiver30960 View Post
Since the dawn of man, every one alive has thought they were living in the end of days. Every society has thought "the world is going to hell." SO, I don't think we're any different. In some ways the world is getting better, in some it is getting worse.

Sweet deal on the property though, congrats. I'd love to have a similar place someday.

Ike
I hear you man. I appreciate your comments and wish you the best. Stay safe!
Old 02-17-2011, 04:26 AM  

Woodbridge, Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaberryeagle View Post
Also, check this link........your first aid kit should contain a can (and it lasts indefinitely) of "Porter's Liniment Salve"... it's use is described here....most folks have never heard of it, but it works.....

Porter's Products

Porters Liniment Salve - Two Pack 2 oz. Tins

For your quick reference here's the use "copied and pasted" for you to see....

A soothing First Aid Salve: to prevent infection in minor cuts, burns and abrasions.

Provides temporary relief of discomfort due to minor burns, sunburns, chapped skin,
non-poisonous insect bites, and minor itching.

Recommended as a "beneficial application for bruises, rough and cracked skin caused by inclement weather, insect bites, sunburn and local irritations," it is advocated for use on both man and beast alike. The salve has a drawing quality, which works particularly well on slivers of metal, wood, or glass, beneath the surface of the skin.

Porter's Liniment Salve is made with Chlorobutanol, Cresylic acid, Zinc Oxide, Oil Cloves, Camphor, Ammonia, Oli Cajeput, Oil Sassafras, Myrrh; in a base of Petrolatum, Lanolin and beeswax.
Thank you for the info brother. I will check out the site and no doubt will buy the product. good info!!!!
Old 04-10-2012, 02:37 AM  

Woodbridge, Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsons View Post
paranoid is paranoid, bro
And Apathy is Apathy. Keeping fire extinguishers in the home and learning to use them is "Paranoia" to some folks. Then again... some folks die in fires every year. Fires they could have survived if they only had a....... yea.... never mind

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.