Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > West Virginia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-20-2010, 01:02 PM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Here's a few photos of some of the sites in WV.........we love them...
Please give me one good reason to visit West Virginia-kanawha-falls-glen-ferris-wv.jpg 

Please give me one good reason to visit West Virginia-new-river-gorge-fall-hawks-nest-state-park-ansted-wv.jpg%3D.jpg 

Please give me one good reason to visit West Virginia-route-60-falls-cascading-mountain-alongside-us-highway-60-.jpg 

Please give me one good reason to visit West Virginia-bluestone-dam-fishing-pier.jpg 

Please give me one good reason to visit West Virginia-great-greenbrier-river-young-lady-fishing-riffles-below-whitcomb-railroad-bri.jpg 

Old 11-20-2010, 04:48 PM  

Weirton, West Virginia
Well theres a small old steel town that soon will be quite famous. Not for its actual name of Weirton, but as the town of Lillian, OH. It is the scene of a J.J. Abrams (Director of Cloverfield) and Steven Spielberg movie called Super 8. look it up on youtube or google. Other than that, Morgantown is great for some football and basketball action. You also have some of the best deer hunting and off roading in the country (but im also a little biased, born and raised here)

Old 11-20-2010, 11:29 PM  

Covington, Virginia
I cross the border into West-by-God every spring to visit top secret ramp digging grounds. Yum! Camping at Sherwood Lake is a great summer trip for my family every year, as well. Shift work makes it difficult for me to make many Mountaineer games. Morgantown is a 3.5hr drive for me, but you can't beat the the environment on game day.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:42 AM  
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCollarBrewer View Post
I cross the border into West-by-God every spring to visit top secret ramp digging grounds. Yum! Camping at Sherwood Lake is a great summer trip for my family every year, as well. Shift work makes it difficult for me to make many Mountaineer games. Morgantown is a 3.5hr drive for me, but you can't beat the the environment on game day.

Here's a little more information on the "RAMP"......When I was in school, anyone coming to school after having eates them would be sent home...the aroma was overpowering to the classmates...

Mountain Ramp Festival

A visit to an authentic Ramp Festival in Robbinsville NC. First broadcast, March 2005. Produced by UNC-TV and Our State Magazine, with generous funding from BB&T. For more information visit Our State | UNC-TV

West Virginia?s Anti-Stinkiness Thing About Ramps ? School?s Out

West Virginia?s Anti-Stinkiness Thing About Ramps ? School?s Out - Stupid Laws & Dumb State Laws
Old 11-24-2010, 12:45 PM  

Missoula, Montana
Go to Elkins

Morgantown and Eastern Panhandle is great, but they are not so different from the areas on the otherside of the boarder. If I were you and want to take in some real wilderness go to Randolph or Pocahontas County. Elkins is a good hub for a lot of great trips. Dolly Sods is amazing, but don't tell anyone. I live in Montana now and to be honest that part of WV is less developed the Western Montana.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:51 PM  

Fairmont, WV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke6785 View Post
Well theres a small old steel town that soon will be quite famous. Not for its actual name of Weirton, but as the town of Lillian, OH. It is the scene of a J.J. Abrams (Director of Cloverfield) and Steven Spielberg movie called Super 8. look it up on youtube or google. Other than that, Morgantown is great for some football and basketball action. You also have some of the best deer hunting and off roading in the country (but im also a little biased, born and raised here)

I have a good friend in Weirton. He's sent me some pictures of the filming there. Pretty cool seeing tanks running around town.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:38 PM  

waterloo, Ontario
Listen to "country roads" by John Denver. I've never been to WV but that song makes me want to go... Mountains and white water rafting! That's why I will eventually go.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:18 AM  
Supporting Member

John Denver - Country Roads (with lyrics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootin-gluten View Post
Listen to "country roads" by John Denver. I've never been to WV but that song makes me want to go... Mountains and white water rafting! That's why I will eventually go.
Don't want anyone to miss this song by John Denver about my home state of WEST VIRGINIA

John Denver - Country Roads (with lyrics)

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
THIS IS COPIED AND PASTED FROM THE FOLLOWING LINK..

"A montage showing aspects of life in West Virginian in 2009. From employment to enjoyment, these glimpses of West Virginian culture and geography make up who we are and what we do. Sponsored by the West Virginia Chamber of Commerce, produced by Charles Ryan Associates."

This Is Our West Virginia

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
FOLKS COME FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD FOR THESE ACTIVITIES AT THE NEW RIVER GORGE BRIDGE ON US-19, NORTH OF FAYETTEVILLE, WV ON THE FIRST WEEK OF OCTOBER, DURING "BRIDGE DAY"

Rappelling the New River Gorge Bridge

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"BASE" Jumping at New River Gorge Bridge Day--876 Feet to New River below..

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
WHITE WATER RAFTING THE NEW RIVER, WV

New River Rafting in West Virginia - Surprise Rapid

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

AGAIN "COPIED AND PASTED" FROM THE FOLLOWING LINK....GREAT SCENERY OF THE AREA - ROCK CLIMBING THE NEW RIVER GORGE, WV

(The Summit Bechtel Family National Scout Reserve: Property Aerials and New River Gorge Activities )

"Located amongst world class white water rafting, kayaking, rock climbing, mountain biking and more, The Bechtel Summit sits on more than 10,000 acres adjacent to the New River Gorge, West Virginia. This facility will be the newest High Adventure? Base as well as the permanent home to Scouting's National Jamboree."

Old 12-08-2010, 03:36 PM  

Charleston, WV
West VIrginia

West Virginia has some of the friendliest and most genuine people you will ever meet, and many areas to enjoy our natural beauty. Dolly Sods Wilderness, and many other outdoor areas await you. We hope you'll come and visit!
Old 12-09-2010, 04:51 AM  

Huntington, WV
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvmeinc View Post
Autumn in WV rivals any state in the Union in color, and without all the traffic of new england
That's the absolute truth!!! West Virginia is probably one of the most beautiful states in the nation for fall colors. My wife and I took a tour around the state this past fall...all I can say is that it was wonderful. We took our cameras and some of the pics we took at Babcock State Park rival the Park Service's post cards!

Black Water Falls, Babcock State Park, Dolly Sods, Holly River, Seneca Rocks, Caanan Valley, New River Gorge, Hawks Nest ... I could go on and on... Those are some great places to see what West Virginia is all about.

Gris Mill at Babcock State Park

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > West Virginia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.