Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Wisconsin
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: Did you let the does walk?
Yes!!! 1 33.33%
No Way!!! 2 66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2010, 07:02 PM  

Wisconsin
Hunting season - 2010 poll

I know a heck of a lot of guys who chose this year to let does walk rather than buying and filling those tags, with the idea being to increase the deer population in Wisconsin, despite the efforts of the white wine drinking, environmentalist DNR leadership in PRM (People's Republic of Madison) to ensure no one fills a tag...

All right, off the soapbox...

Question: Did you consciously choose to not shoot a doe this year to help boost the deer population?

Old 11-30-2010, 08:03 PM  

Sayner, WI
Had no choice in the matter. Buck only in 36.

Old 12-15-2010, 03:15 PM  

Plover, Wisconsin
Only tagged one buck in the last three years, they disappear when the gun season starts, or just run around us. Lots of does around, brown is down.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:31 PM  

Yea, I let them walk. I will prob not EVER shoot one again. I was reading the turkey regs and they can spot a 5+ year trend when 20% of the hens of the flock are killed, the flock decreases in size. Now tell me that the same logic does not apply to dear...When you kill a doe you are also killing all of the young that doe would have had...
Old 01-14-2011, 09:23 AM  

SE WI
I didn't even get a deer license this year after 42 years of hunting deer.
I started hunting antelope in WY five years ago and found what a pleasure it can be hunting and not being treated like a criminal from the game wardens. They do their job but don't hound you trying to find something you could be doing wrong in their 'opinion'.
I got a mule deer in '09 and just love the spot and stalk type hunting you can do out west.Heck it's out west
I just hunt coyotes here now and didn't apply for anything else.
I hope the new people taking over the dnr turn things around and don't mess up the environment at the same time.
Check out the book 'How The DNR Stole Wisconsin' by Richard Moore, very interesting reading.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:14 AM  

Ladysmith, Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamial View Post
Yea, I let them walk. I will prob not EVER shoot one again. I was reading the turkey regs and they can spot a 5+ year trend when 20% of the hens of the flock are killed, the flock decreases in size. Now tell me that the same logic does not apply to dear...When you kill a doe you are also killing all of the young that doe would have had...
That fact alone is why I take doe. Besides, they taste better.
Did I miss the memo somewhere about a shortage of deer in the state of Wisconsin? I am curious as to the current population guess versus that of 50 years ago.

I do know that you cannot drive a road in Rusk county at any time of day without frequent brake checks due to these vermin.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:29 PM  

oshkosh, wisconsin
No dice on a horny one this year. No ethical shots presented themselves. Couple of does to fill the freezer though. Gillett area
Old 01-19-2011, 08:50 PM  

Waukesha, Wisconsin
Bad hunting

Area 42 had not many deer hanging on any meat poles when I was hunting, nor did our camp.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:32 PM  

There are a bunch of deer in Eau Claire, I don't hunt, but everyone I know filled their tag this year. Probably 60/40 bucks vs does. Some real nice bucks.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Wisconsin
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.