Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Idaho
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 01-26-2011, 11:39 AM  
Traveler

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,452 | Kudos: +43
Quote:
Originally Posted by undermind View Post
I live in ID, not my first choice. It is a very family-oriented place. Very um, right-wing. Hunting and fishing here is huge. People tout the outdoor activities, but keep in mind these activities will involve 4x4's, dirtbikes, quads, and rifles. Not as much "peacful" outdoor activities.

The weather is a big thing to consider. After living in many states, I can say ID has 2 seasons, regardless of what people say. Summer slams into winter and then winter slams into summer. There is NO spring and fall.
It can seem that way, but you just need to learn when Spring and Fall actually do hit here in relation to the other seasons, and don't blink your eyes! And for what it's worth, there are many liberal minded folks in the area too. You just aren't aware of them because they tend to be quiet folks, except for me!
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:29 PM  
Spokane Cassels

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5 | Kudos: +10
Dramatic difference between Boise and Northern Idaho....might want to narrow your search a bit...
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:32 PM  
Junior Member

Caldwell, Idaho
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 15 | Kudos: +11
I agree with tierod. Everyone assumes right wing is bad... And there are plenty of places in Idaho where motor vehicles are not allowed, they are virtually untouched... You have to pack in but they are there and they are beautiful. I've lived in new Mexico and Oregon I have to say we have more seasons than either of those places. New mexico is very nice. Cold winter in the area I lived, windy spring, and hot summer, fall is just a mild summer leading to more cold. Into to summer is new Mexico is a lot like here with the thunder storms just much more intense there. Then there is Oregon. Cold and wet, and then warm and wet. At least the west half of the state. Idaho has got it pretty nice. And if you don't like the motor vehicles... Go camp somewhere else... There is plenty of forest here to go around. Just as an FYI I've seen more left liberals trashing the wilderness here than any hunter or other such minded person. And don't even come back and tell me that's just because they want to keep it nice so they can hunt there again like that's a bad reason. ALL people are selfish, but not all are careless.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:52 PM  
Traveler

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,452 | Kudos: +43
Quote:
Originally Posted by aTEK View Post
FYI I've seen more left liberals trashing the wilderness here than any hunter or other such minded person. And don't even come back and tell me that's just because they want to keep it nice so they can hunt there again like that's a bad reason. ALL people are selfish, but not all are careless.
I believe you are confusing Liberals for Rednecks. By difinition, there is a difference!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:24 PM  
Junior Member

Caldwell, Idaho
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 15 | Kudos: +11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle
I believe you are confusing Liberals for Rednecks. By difinition, there is a difference!
No... Pretty sure I'm not, the folks I speak of trashing the place are all for gun control and government provided services... Last I checked that was a rough definition of a liberal... Odd considering both of those things are very limiting to ones freedom. However, I shall cease my talk of politics... For now...
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:30 PM  
Traveler

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,452 | Kudos: +43
So what were these guys doing to trash the woods? How did you come to know them?
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:56 AM  
Junior Member

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9 | Kudos: +10
Quote:
Originally Posted by aTEK View Post
I've seen more left liberals trashing the wilderness here than any hunter or other such minded person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aTEK View Post
No... Pretty sure I'm not, the folks I speak of trashing the place are all for gun control and government provided services... Last I checked that was a rough definition of a liberal... Odd considering both of those things are very limiting to ones freedom. However, I shall cease my talk of politics... For now...
OK.. I've been trying to stay out of this conversation.. But I can't help it anymore.

Based on your comments I would have to assume:

-If you see some "trash in the wilderness", you can deduct by the type of trash exactly what the political thinking of the litterer is.

OR

-Better yet you actually visualize the litterer or vandalizer in action, trashing the wilderness - you can easily deduct by their appearance that they are liberal minded. Somewhat like determining that someone was a Jew in WW2 because they are wearing an armband..

OR

-You visualize a litterer or vandalizer in action and approach this person[s] and ask them "hello litterer/vandalizer, I noticed you're trashing the wilderness. I was just curious what your political orientation happens to be?"


One would deduct that based on your comments that one of these scenarios would have to exist.
And I do find it interesting that when I find the wilderness trashed it is very consistently the following things: beer cans with labels such as Coors Light or Miller Lite, shell casings all over the ground, and road signs with shotgun blast patterns. Oddly enough, I have never found any Deschuttes Organic Ale bottles or Clif Bar wrappers..
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:23 AM  
Junior Member

Ririe, Idaho
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9 | Kudos: +11
Quote:
Originally Posted by undermind View Post
OK.. I've been trying to stay out of this conversation.. But I can't help it anymore.



One would deduct that based on your comments that one of these scenarios would have to exist.
And I do find it interesting that when I find the wilderness trashed it is very consistently the following things: beer cans with labels such as Coors Light or Miller Lite, shell casings all over the ground, and road signs with shotgun blast patterns. Oddly enough, I have never found any Deschuttes Organic Ale bottles or Clif Bar wrappers..
I can't help it anymore also, so here is my two cents.
I have lived here in Idaho for 43 of my 47 years of existence on this planet. The other 4 years I was defending our freedom as as a Marine in the United States Marine Corp.
No matter where I go, be it the forest, desert. or where ever, I guarantee you I leave it cleaner when I leave than when I showed up there.
Most people that litter either don't realize that they are actually littering or are just lazy pigs that just don't give a s**t.
If you also notice most people that smoke are the ones that don't realize they are littering every time they throw there nasty butts somewhere other than the ash tray. I am sure I will get some heat over that comment!
Anyway what I do instead of bitchin' about the littering I just do my part and clean it up so both I and everyone else can enjoy our beautiful state.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:06 PM  
Traveler

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,452 | Kudos: +43
Mike, as a person who loves nature and might even go so far as.....Agh hell, I'm a treehugger.....and proud of it. I really appreciate folks such as yourself, who actually make a difference by picking up noy only after themselves, but others too! And people like you and I should be complaining. It is a problem and it's up to us to make a difference. We have a small lake out here in the Hoodoo Valley, and while I won't pin the blame on Conservatives or liberals, there are litterally no liberals out here by the way, and the lake has old appliances shot gun shells and beer cans all over, tires in the lake and 4X$ tracks ripping the beach up and so on, and the thing that gets me pissed off is not that they might be conservatives or rednecks or even liberals, but that someone comes out there to get away from it all and enjoy the beauty of the lake and nature , and just takes a big ole growling crap on the land! I just wonder if these individuals think of themselves as human or not? To me, these things are among the biggest sins of them all, and I take pleasure in watching where in California, the forrest rangers go in and spy and bust these a hoes. I wish that Idaho cared enough to do the same here too! Anyway, thank you!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:29 PM  
mohel
 
blucher's Avatar

Keizer, OR
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,383 | Kudos: +123
Images: 99
Quote:
Oddly enough, I have never found any Deschuttes Organic Ale bottles or Clif Bar wrappers..


the hell you say!

no tins of Russian caviar or water chestnuts?
__________________

__________________
I'll believe corporations are persons when Texas executes one.: LBJ's Ghost
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Idaho
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.