Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-23-2012, 06:40 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
It seems that some have been snookered more than others.
I thought that it was the "marxist liberals" who had nothing but ridicule left.

Tell me, Eddie_T, if you had a child with a foreign national, would that child be an American citizen by virtue of its birth, or would the child have to undergo some sort of naturalization process to become a citizen?

ANSWER THE QUESTION.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:22 AM  

Nashville, TN
Rival, I really think his status question is one where undoubtedly, his mother was American, no question about that. He would therefore be an American citizen. My question is, did he renounce his citizenship when he attended Muslim School in Indonesia when he was enrolled there? Simple yes or no question. But you know something? Really doesn't matter, cause he was elected president and like it or not he occupies the highest office in this land. His term is up in a few months and if we like the direction the countries going then we need to re-elect him, if not, then it's time for change. We will get the government we deserve if we don't take an active interest in the vetting and election process.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:12 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
I don't think if he did give up his citizenship at that school it would matter. He was a child, so he couldn't legally do it anyway.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:04 PM  

Massillon, Ohio
Not to really add any fuel to any fire, but the question I ask is if the country someone was born in (like USA) has where you are an automatic citizen, but you have an American parent, where are you a citizen of? You cannot be a citizen of 2 countries at the same time.. does Kenya have a "born here citizenship" deal like we do?
Old 02-23-2012, 12:18 PM  

I know Canada offers dual Citizenship, but not sure about other countries.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:36 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
As far as I know, there are only 10 countries that allow dual citizenship. Canada, Panama and Ireland are the major ones.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:01 PM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlass327
Not to really add any fuel to any fire, but the question I ask is if the country someone was born in (like USA) has where you are an automatic citizen, but you have an American parent, where are you a citizen of? You cannot be a citizen of 2 countries at the same time.. does Kenya have a "born here citizenship" deal like we do?
Yes, you can hold citizenship in 2 countries at the same time, dual citizenship. Any Jew, regardless of where they are born is declared, by Israel, to be a citizen of Israel even if they never set foot in the country. I had a aunt, by marriage, who held US and Canadian citizenship.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:29 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
I don't think if he did give up his citizenship at that school it would matter. He was a child, so he couldn't legally do it anyway.
Not unless his mother did while he was under age and abroad. But since AFAIK, she's still an American citizen, that didn't happen.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:18 AM  

Obama Lawyer Admits Birth Certificate Is A Forgery

Seems it just won't die, it has resurfaced in NJ with new revelation
Quote:
A lawyer representing U.S. President Barack Obama has admitted the long-form birth certificate presented by the White House last year is a forgery ? but that does not disqualify him from appearing on the ballot this November.

Defense attorney Alexandra M. Hill made the comments during a recent New Jersey ballot challenge hearing, brought about by Tea Party members who question his eligibility to appear on the state?s presidential primary ballot. Attorney for the plaintiffs, Mario Apuzzo, argued that President Obama has furnished proof of his ?natural born? citizenship status to the state of New Jersey.

Apuzzo went on to say that Obama?s father was not an American citizen, meaning President Obama is not a ?natural born? citizen and ineligible for the office he holds.

Hill tried to dismiss the suit because, while the U.S. Constitution limits the office of president to only those who have a ?natural born? citizenship status, New Jersey law does not require a candidate to furnish proof of his or her status.

According to the Tea Party Tribune, Hill went on to admit that the long form birth certificate released online by the White House in April 2011 is indeed a forgery that did not originate from an actual paper document and therefore, it cannot be used as evidence to confirm his lack of natural born citizenship status.
See the story here;http://www.sodahead.com/united-state...stion-2603749/
Old 04-24-2012, 09:24 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Legal precedent says that a"natural born" citizen is anyone born to a parent who is a citizen. And Obama's mother is a citizen. McCain wasn't born in the U.S. either, but the birthers wouldn't have gone after him. Ir's all just political hooey.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.