Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-17-2010, 10:05 AM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
Jake,
I dont live in "Denver" before we moved out here, I found a website that compaired the cost of living, housing, food, gas etc, sorry I dont still have the site.
Once we got out here, and transfered the Ins. we foung out that IF we moved to a "Denver" address, our rates would have been almost double, we moved to Westminster, a burb of Denver on the north side.
Westminster is still kind of big, meaning there are good parts, and bad.. right now Im in Commerce City, again, good parts and bad, Im in a newer part, so its nice, but on the bac side its further away from the mountains, lol and thats why I moved out here...

Even with the VERY bad drivers, and all the Illegals, Im pretty happy here, like anyplace, there will always be good and bad.

Old 09-18-2010, 07:53 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
What brought you guys to Denver? Work, or were you just lured there for the living?

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-19-2010, 11:08 AM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
well we came out here for vaction, to go 4wheeling in the mountains after seeing pictures, we just had to come out, lol
Well after seeing the pictures, then seeing it for ourselves in person, the beauty, how clean and fresh the air is, the weather is awesome, we had to move, lol
Old 09-20-2010, 02:39 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Yeah - like I said, I've been out there to visit family. However, unfortunately, the only real activities I was able to do was go snowboarding a few seasons - never any four wheeling or anything, which I'm sure I'd enjoy a ton!

I may plan a trip out there in the next year, and I'll be sure to post it up in this forum to let you guys know I'm coming out!

Old 09-20-2010, 04:44 PM  

Castle Rock, CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
I think that the weather would be good for me - I actually enjoy cold weather more than warm weather - kinda odd for a guy who lives on Oahu for now hah.

I'm a huge Jeep guy and huge hiker/camper, so I think that's a huge pull for me as well.

What's the price of living like in the outskirts of the city? I've been to Denver quite a few times to visit, but I don't think I've ever paid too close of attention to things like that while I was there
If you like Hiking and camping, Denver or the surrounding areas would be great for you.
I'm here in Castle Rock (about 15 miles south of Denver) I can be in the mountains to hike or camp in about 45 mins.

I would say that the cost of living here is about medium. I mean, you can't get a house here as cheap as you can in texas or the midwest, but, its definitely not as expensive as Oahu.

Thank you for your service to our country!
Old 09-20-2010, 04:49 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks for the reply!

The general consensus is to check out the suburbs, and just pick one with the right surroundings that I want. That's easier said than done! My wife and I have been researching for a few months now, and I'm convinced that the best way to do it is just going to be to take a trip out there, and spend a few days driving around and getting a feel for things.

Old 09-20-2010, 04:53 PM  

Castle Rock, CO
I think that that is a great idea!

What kind of place are you looking to live in? You said suburbs....but would you like a suburb of Denver or a surrounding city. Would you like to live in the woods?
Old 09-20-2010, 04:59 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
We've got two kids, so our number one priority would be schooling system and safety. I'm definitely more of a country type-of-guy, so I'd be alright with living in the woods.

I think we'd moreso enjoy living in a surrounding city, and braving the drive into the city if we wanted to go to a big event or for a day in the city sort-of thing.

We've lived in Missouri and Kansas before and enjoyed both a lot, so we definitely enjoy big open spaces.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:45 PM  

Lakewood, Colorado
I love it here. Great off roading and camping, Statistically we have more sunny days a year than HI does. If you do move here however stay the hell away from Highlands Ranch....... I hate that damn place.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:50 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I don't think any place statistically has more sunny days than Hawaii. No joke, I don't remember the last non-sunny day.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.