Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Employment / Jobs
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-18-2010, 10:51 AM  

Ione, NE Wash. 5 acres along the Pend Oreille River
Check the department stores, as they usually hire for the Christmas holidays.

Also if you're younger check with the Coast Guard recruiter - we're always looking for a few good people. Ask him about the open rate list if you've served before!

Old 12-01-2010, 12:56 PM  

Drain, OR
The county I live in is reporting close to 15% unemployment. If laid off, I think I'd have a hard time finding a new job in my county. I currently work in the neighboring county. We're currently trying to hire about a half dozen positions, but are constantly struggling with HR to just get the jobs posted....

Old 12-02-2010, 01:08 PM  

Ottawa, ON
I am also a UNIX / Linux sys admin in Ottawa, Canada, and I've been out of work about 6 months now. Tough market out there at the moment, which is why I'm looking to get out of high tech.

Seems to still be lots of jobs for programmers. And project managers both inside and outside of high tech.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:45 PM  

The D.C. metro area has probably one of the better job markets. Last I heard we're down to below 6% unemployment, and according to the Labor Dept, "The largest over-the-year employment increase occurred in Washington-
Arlington-Alexandria, D.C.-Va.-Md.-W.Va. (+56,100)" (Sep 2009 - Sep 2010).
Old 12-04-2010, 02:09 AM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
oregon and washington are right there with california as far as unemployment goes. as far as i can tell, the mid west is doing quite well. north dakota is (and has been for a long time) in a surplus. lots of jobs in the big cities.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:55 AM  

Sammamish, WA
Here's a link to a nice site for northwest jobs in the public sector:

AWC JobNet - Search Jobs
Old 12-21-2010, 07:55 AM  
tim

Halifax, NS
Don't move to Canada unless you;re in the oil industry. I did and jobs are hard to come by up here. I got lucky in the end but I had to totally switch career paths to do it.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:27 PM  

Bellevue, Washington
A great place to check for jobs in WA State is www.go2worksource.com it is the state unemployment website but companies can post for free. I am in HR and use it a lot to find great people.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:01 PM  

Seattle, Washington
Check out USPS they have a non career position Rural Carrier Associate. It is part time but a good way to get into a Govt job.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:59 PM  

My employer (in Los Angeles) pays pretty well, and is currently looking for two top-notch Java developers. PM me if interested, so I can score myself a referral bonus.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Employment / Jobs
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.