Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > New York City
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-22-2010, 09:56 PM  

Kingston, New York
The Blind Tiger!

Old 12-23-2010, 09:25 AM  

New York City, New York
The East Village Tavern at East 10th and Avenue C is an unknown, unpretentious gem. The food is good and they have an absurdly large number of beers on tap -- usually including at least one cask "real" ale. They sell "flights" of beer which are a great way to try a ton of beers without getting completely s-face.

Down the street head for Zum Schneider if you want to have a real Austrian/Bavarian experience. Unlike the East Village Tavern, it gets packed.

Old 12-25-2010, 12:48 PM  

i don't go to Manhattan, parking is the worst, they ticket your car with absurd fines, and tow it also in most spots.

dude take the subway. its all in walking distance.. or a cab.. why risk driving drunk
Old 12-27-2010, 12:53 PM  

Brooklyn, New York
Mission Dolores at the corner of 4th Ave and Carroll St in Brooklyn. It's pretty small: enter through the wind tunnel, across the little courtyard and then in. Excellent rotating selection of craft beers at GREAT prices ($5-$7). Great people to meet, pinball, dogs allowed. No food, but there are a few places close by that will deliver. Take the 'R' to Union St and walk two blocks south.

As for the city? A long time favorite that's been around since Moses wore short pants: The Holiday Cocktail Lounge, St Marks between 1st and 2nd Ave. Eclectic crowd, good prices, good jukebox.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:49 PM  

If you like really good beer then check out The Ginger Man, The Blind Tiger, George Keeley's, The Slaughtered Lamb and Vol de Nuit.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:00 AM  

I love the Double Windsor on Prospect Park West near 16th St. They have a great selection, and you can buy a flight. It's a laid back Brooklyn bar, there is food, but it's separate and I think it's all cash only as well.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:38 PM  

Detroit, MI
For no-nonsense cheap fun, it's hard to beat Cherry Tavern on East 6th between 1st and A. I drowned many a sorrow in a Tijuana or Old Glory special back in my younger days.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:28 PM  

NYC - Manhattan, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pivot View Post
I visited New York City a few weeks back and thought McSourley's was really cool. I like the history behind the place, and the fact that its a presidential hangout spot; kinda neat. I also liked Flight 151 in Chelsea right by my hostel. Pretty quiet little sports bar.
McSourleys back in the 70's and 80's was great - still good but not like it used to be. Was a lot more friendlier back then - working class and college crowd
Old 02-03-2011, 11:47 AM  

New York, New York
Cucina Di Pesce

East Village, NY. Very nice, quiet bar where you can actually hear your date talk without shouting, or hear yourself think.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:21 PM  

Auction House

89th and 2nd

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > New York City
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.