Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Real Estate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-16-2011, 12:29 AM  

Alameda, Ca.
Friends B of A followup

I posted about my friends adventure on a refi opened in July 2010, last week they sent an email telling him his investment money vs refi did not meet their requirements. This took 7 months? He sent a couple emails back with zero replies so far from them, he's out on the appraisal plus almost $300 in much paperwork sent registered, nit picking items many times. People have left B of A his file gone dead.
Fine way to treat people that feed them money, 7 months then they dumped him like a turd. He has plenty of money but invested wishing to not get dinged with taxes plus its income loss on investment money. Seems they had no intentions to award his refi just jacking him around. B of A I use their parking lot vs city parking meters every chance I get with a friends vehicle with him as he has disability plates, we go up the street for lunches. Screw B of A, keep passing the word out.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:30 AM  
Traveler

We refinanced through them. It wasn't too bad, for a 10 month long ordeal with dozens of road blocks and stupid meaningless paperwork. It was actually my wifes 93 year old dad, and my wife is the executor of his estate. The man never financed anything EVER, but he needed a new roof. I could elaborate but just trust me.....IT WAS STUPID!

Old 02-17-2011, 08:56 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
I wont use bank of america for anything, they give home loans to known Illegals
and credit cards....
Old 02-17-2011, 08:58 AM  

I wont bank there anymore.

Last time I was in there I had to wait for 30 minutes with no help, and enden up leaving.

(Yes, I asked someone for help twice when I got there, and 2 more times before I finally left)

... I no longer have any accounts with them, banking or credit card....no customer service yields no customers
Old 02-21-2011, 06:29 AM  
Clown

Casa Grande, Arizona
My complaint about BofA is kind of wierd and totally my fault but I am still calling BS. Had to do with their ATMs which in their defense have changed.

When you went to the ATM at the end of any transaction (after you recieved cash and receipt) the machine would ASK you if you wanted your card back. If you didn't reply fast enough (30 secs?) it would keep your card. Really it would suck your card back and not give you the option to get it back. Inconvenient right? Hardly, the BS part is they would CHARGE you for a new card. They would not give you your original card back even though the bank has possesion of it even if you showed 2 forms of ID.

Like I said they have since changed it and the atm card now comes out prior to the receipt like every other ATM in the free world. However I have not done any business with them since.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:16 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandlapper3396 View Post
When you went to the ATM at the end of any transaction (after you recieved cash and receipt) the machine would ASK you if you wanted your card back. If you didn't reply fast enough (30 secs?) it would keep your card. Really it would suck your card back and not give you the option to get it back. Inconvenient right? Hardly, the BS part is they would CHARGE you for a new card. They would not give you your original card back even though the bank has possesion of it even if you showed 2 forms of ID.
This is obvious one of the new ways the banks have created to squeeze another dollar out of the public. Just like the airlines charging for carry on luggage, blankets or pillows....they must think we are just plain stupid!
Old 02-21-2011, 02:02 PM  
Supporting Member

Krum, Tx
At my bank, you just insert and remove your card in one motion...You then proceed with your pin number and transaction..Why would you leave your card in the machine ??
Old 02-21-2011, 03:19 PM  
Clown

Casa Grande, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenNTx View Post
At my bank, you just insert and remove your card in one motion...You then proceed with your pin number and transaction..Why would you leave your card in the machine ??
Haha, in a rush not paying attention and driving off too quickly. I realized my mistake and backed up to the machine after maybe driving 50 feet. As my window was going down i saw the machine suck the card back and it didn't give me an option for another transaction. Even with my new bank I only use ATMs with the sliding feature that you mention.

I admit that it was my fault for not being attentive. However I don't believe the bank should be charging me to get my card back. If I left say my keys or anything at a place of business, realized my mistake and then returned to retrieve my item. I think most people would be pissed if that place of business then turned around and charged you for giving it back.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:43 AM  
Clown

Casa Grande, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by savana View Post
I have been gone through this situation and I do got charged for that and I even submitted the application.
How long ago? My situation happened nearly 4 years ago. The ATM operation steps have changed so I wouldn't be suprised if they dropped the BS charge as well.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:31 AM  

Well this happened with me two years back and after that incident I prefer to choose those ATMs where I can better swap my card and get the money.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Real Estate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads