Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-01-2007, 01:24 PM  

Yes I'm his roomate. It's not a secret. In fact, one of the first things I did when I moved in was to call Gaylord Bose to tell him and also that I would not be covering the election for the Record. I later left the paper completely to avoid any perceived conflicts.

I'm answering these questions because I have nothing to hide. I would point out though that I am the only person on this forum I've encountered so far that is signing my names to my posts. Everyone is speaking anonymously. That is your right of course but just wanted to point that out.

As for the list of properties Jude manages in San Marcos: There is one. He has a second house outside town in the unincorporated county. I don't know why people imagine him as some real estate tycoon. He's making a living while going to school doing honest work. I agree: He ought to be ashamed. Brad Rollins

Old 11-01-2007, 01:31 PM  

San Marcos
What difference does it make that I am anonymous? I'm always logged in when I post and if something I am saying is inaccurate, you can call me on it and kill my credibility, whether my real name is here or not.

What would you get from having my real name? I've been on this board for almost three years and my username has as much value here as my real name would.

Maybe my boss is a Prather groupie and I don't want him to see me arguing with you. Maybe I have a local business and don't want to alienate half of my customers by arguing politics. You have no idea why people aren't posting their names and the argument holds no water.

Also, the properties he manages matter because A) it is a hot issue in town and B) he promotes himself as a "business owner". If his businesses are property management for one or two properties (who owns them?), lawn care (for the same properties, or others?) and some sort of campaign coordinator and he has his roommate checking on 50% of his properties for him, it starts to sound like a career politician in the making, with a couple of paper corporations for tax benefit purposes.

Old 11-01-2007, 01:37 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdescript View Post
In fact, one I don't know why people imagine him as some real estate tycoon.

Maybe because EVERYTIME I have heard jude speak he always makes it a point to let everyone know "Im a business owner" "I have rental properties in San Marcos"

Well maybe cause jude brought that on himself . Kinda like going to the barrio pescal and getting all those people to put a sign in their yard just because he had a hispanic girlfriend! puuuuh leeese! Does he really think these people are that dumb?

?If you can't convince them, confuse them.?
Old 11-01-2007, 01:52 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immis View Post
Well maybe cause jude brought that on himself . Kinda like going to the barrio pescal and getting all those people to put a sign in their yard just because he had a hispanic girlfriend! puuuuh leeese! Does he really think these people are that dumb?
The Wallace Addition has legitimate concerns about streets, drainage and utilities that have been neglected for decades. The people there had to go so far as have a package approved in a citywide bond election for reconstruction that should be part of the municipal government's basic functions. (And they still haven't seen the work done because the council, including Mr. Bose, did not fund it last fiscal year when they had the authorization to do so.)

Jude and Kathy have dated for four years and I doubt he thinks of her as his "hispanic girlfriend." And I know he doesn't think anybody, no matter where they live, are shallow enough to vote for him because of her.

You can call me thin-skinned or whatever but I'll say this: The meanspiritedness and bitterness reflected in posts like this are disturbing to me. I think it turns people off to politics and discourages them from participation... which very well might be your intention. Brad Rollins
Old 11-01-2007, 02:00 PM  

San Marcos
I think the mean-spirited and bitter comments are fairly infrequent and are not outside the norm for a forum like this.

The reality is, if you care to hear it, you have partially invited the flames by coming to a forum where people have been asking for information on the candidates, presenting yourself as someone who can answer those questions, yet answering very few (any?) and posting (repeatedly) some links that are of very questionable motive.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:00 PM  

Not trying to be meansprited at all. Sorry you took it that way. The reason I asked is because I have been asked that very question on more than one occasion. You are "working" on his campaign so I thought you would have an answer. The wallace additon does need improvements and Im all for that and are there not already improvements pegged for that area?

?If you can't convince them, confuse them.?
Old 11-01-2007, 02:02 PM  

I agree semi-native and I have not said anything dismissive at all in reference to your questions, except I'm not sure how to prove a negative, i.e., prove that Jude is not trying to build his resume. I don't mind the debate at all. I do mind nastiness especially when it is accompanyied with racist and/or classist overtones. Brad Rollins
Old 11-01-2007, 02:06 PM  

San Marcos
Don't prove a negative then; prove a positive. Give me something that reassures me that he has some long-term interest in this community.

I don't know how you would prove it either, but there are any number of ways to make the case. I'm not particularly interested in putting together an outline of talking points for you, as the answer needs to come from his campaign, not from me.

What is he studying and when does he graduate?
Old 11-01-2007, 02:19 PM  

He's studying public administration. I think he graduates at the end of May but I need to check on that. As for his committment to San Marcos, I know being a transplant myself San Marcos is special to me because I chose to live here out of any other place I could live. Shoot me an e-mail with your phone number and he'll call you this evening when he's doing his calls. You can ask him yourself. Brad bradrollins@yahoo.com
Old 11-01-2007, 02:36 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdescript View Post
I later left the paper completely to avoid any perceived conflicts.
really was that the reason or was the reason you are trying to start a rival newspaper?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.