Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-21-2011, 12:22 PM  

Question regarding PDA Net

I have a Droid and signed up for PDA Net, so I use my phone connected to my laptop in order to get full access to the internet when I am away from home. I link the Droid to the computer with the phone charger on one end, and a typical USB connection on the other end.

I see PDA Net also offers to connect the two devices via wireless connection and would like to know how it works and it this would allow me to not have the cord between the two of them.

Can a computer guru help me?

Old 12-23-2011, 06:00 AM  

Stafford, Virginia
Yes your phone if it supports it will connected via wifi to your laptop and to the 3g or 4g network provider. This uses a lot of power and as we all know android phones don't have good battery life unless you mod them (See my Have you rooted and flashed your phone thread.). So yes you can do it but I don't think you will be doing it for very long.

Now the only tethering apps I find for wifi tethering are only working on rooted phones.

remember Rooting is dangerous and voids your warranty.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.