Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-03-2010, 10:38 AM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parky View Post
I don't like the heat/humidity, it is flat, has a season called hurricane and I hate the Gators, Hurricanes, and the Seminoles

I won't go back to California. There are some nice places to visit, but my inlaws have a house there, so that is easy.
now it makes sense,, Im with you on the humidity, I get a good laugh when people here (Denver) say its to "hot" they have no idea, lol
In KC it would get over 100 with like 80% humidity, thats "hot"

I think as long as person works inside, it might be ok, Ive been down there in July, Aug. heck I think Ive been down there for a couple weeks in ever month, as long as your AC works, and works "well" it was fine.
Im getting tired of the cold and snow, yea, Im getting old, lol

All I remember about Ca. is it was very dirty, lots of Illegals, hot, no one knew how to drive, now dont get me wrong, Im posititive, as with any big city, there are some nice areas, I just didnt see them, lol

Old 10-03-2010, 02:40 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Im posititive, as with any big city, there are some nice areas, I just didnt see them, lol

No man, you're right, no nice areas.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 10-04-2010, 08:28 AM  

Denver, CO
Quote:
Nice FJ, was that pic taken at Coney Flats?
BTW, Im thinking about relocating from Denver the Orlando area, lol
No it was halfmoon creek.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:35 PM  

Franktown, CO, Colorado
We've lived here for about as long as you've been in the Marine Corps, and haven't made many friends yet. You will see "Native" bumper stickers, the people born here act like they have some God given superiority, and for some reason they dominate the social scene. I see posts all the time about having trouble connecting with people here, and I've met more than a few people who complained about the same thing (and yet, we didn't become friends).

I can't say as for me, but my wife made several fast friends the year we lived in Tucson, yet here- nothing has turned into anything more than a Yoga partner once ever six months or so.

It goes beyond friends too, if you want to know your neighbors, live somewhere else. If you're offended when people don't smile or nod, or return a wave- Denver is not the place for you. The worst is, after a while you stop trying and then someone new will be walking along, sing "Hello!" with a smile, and it's so out of character for the city that you look at them blankly while they pass only realizing too late that you've become one of the nasty people that broke you down.

From apartment complexes where you pass the same neighbor twice a day to living out in the sticks, you won't find neighbors who know you or introduce themselves.

The weather and activities are great. If you want to be outside, this is the place. 330 or more sunny days a year, people ride their motorcycles in January the day after a 3' snow. It's turning to fall right now, and there is a crispness in the air you'll really appreciate, yet it's nice enough to still do everything outside. The snow doesn't stick around, melt and refreeze like other places, but you get real story-book winters. And if you're feeling tired of a nice summer heat in July, drive up Pikes or to Fourth of July Road to find some (albeit dirty) snow and cool.

I would still move here, if I had it to do over again, and we looked at the whole country after living in Tucson.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:47 AM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
I agree with Jade, for the most part, people here are RUDE.....

I was brought up that you hold the door open for the person behund you, and if its help for you, you say Thank You, I can remember ONE kid, about 15, he actually said Thank You.... so after about 4 years, I said piss on it, Im slowly becoming one of them rude people.

It does stink, I wasnt brought up that way, I do try to say, please and thank you, but hes right, Denver is NOT a very friendly city.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:10 AM  

Boulder, Colorado
Maybe it is where I live, but my neighborhood is awesome. We throw a block party every year, neighbors are always swinging by and hanging out. Boulder seems to have a lot of social activities. On the "native" thing, i have not met that many, and those I do know think that native sticker is dumb.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:48 AM  

Franktown, CO, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parky View Post
Maybe it is where I live, but my neighborhood is awesome. We throw a block party every year, neighbors are always swinging by and hanging out. Boulder seems to have a lot of social activities. On the "native" thing, i have not met that many, and those I do know think that native sticker is dumb.
Boulder is not even in the United States of America, much less a part of Denver. There is a reason people call it the People's Republic and "4 square miles surrounded by reality", but you're in the fishbowl my friend and it's hard to explain that there is a whole world outside when you only see the distorted living room!
Old 10-05-2010, 02:48 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
I agree with Jade, for the most part, people here are RUDE.....

I was brought up that you hold the door open for the person behund you, and if its help for you, you say Thank You, I can remember ONE kid, about 15, he actually said Thank You.... so after about 4 years, I said piss on it, Im slowly becoming one of them rude people.

It does stink, I wasnt brought up that way, I do try to say, please and thank you, but hes right, Denver is NOT a very friendly city.

That's too bad - that's definitely one of my deciding factors is what kind of environment it's going to be for my kids. I definitely bring them up the "old-school", polite way, and I won't stand for any less out of a city. Seems like that's dying out nowadays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jage View Post
Boulder is not even in the United States of America, much less a part of Denver. There is a reason people call it the People's Republic and "4 square miles surrounded by reality", but you're in the fishbowl my friend and it's hard to explain that there is a whole world outside when you only see the distorted living room!

So Boulder, CO isn't in the US, eh? Interesting...

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 10-05-2010, 03:40 PM  

Lakewood, Colorado
I've been to the city a few times, but not as often as others. Typically I compare it to Chicago because that's where I'm originally from. The city itself is not as fast paced as I'm used to, but that is not a negative thing. I enjoy the shops down there, but feel like I can get bored quickly.
The weather... The weather is unpredictable. One hour it can be snowing, then an hour later it will be perfectly sunny. I actually have grown to enjoy it. It's kind of amusing to witness the weather patterns. The thing I enjoy most is that the weather is very rarely "harsh".
If you enjoy hiking, biking, Jeeping, etc. you will love Colorado.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:42 PM  

Lakewood, Colorado
Also to add on, I love moving away from the humidity in Chicago. I'm sure there are much worse places with humidity, but this summer was pretty bad. Denver has the best weather!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.