Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maryland
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-23-2011, 09:31 PM  

Westminster, Maryland
Larger than a jeep...

Hi Folks... I'm new to the forum and was led here on my search for fellow four wheelers to go legally wheeling with.

It seems as though most if not all of you have jeeps.. I have nothing against them of course, but I have an '09 F150 FX4 with a few goodies and have been off road in GWNF and on many construction sites (for my job) but lately there have not been any fun sites to venture on. Reading this thread is making me hopeful that I can find some fellow off-roaders to get together with.
BTW I have been off-roading for years but just modded my first vehicle last year with a 6" lift and 35s. Its even got a locker which helps... So I'm more anxious than ever to get off the asphalt these days.

I took my old truck to Paragon Off Road park before it shut down and am Interested in RC, although if its anything like Paragon, some of the adventure of off-roading is taken away in a park setting...

Anyway, please keep me in the loop if anyone is heading out to trails that may not be too skinny (got some of nature's pin striping in the GWNF) The pic is taken from that venture last year.

-Will
Sooo...wheeling in Maryland?-2010-07-10-18.28.36.jpg 

Old 05-24-2011, 07:02 AM  

Laurel, Maryland
i know that spot - up on the ridge

Old 05-24-2011, 04:19 PM  

Westminster, Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukie564 View Post
i know that spot - up on the ridge
Yeah not far from Flagpole...
Old 06-01-2011, 03:23 PM  
Simmah Dahn Nah

Grason-Vegas, Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by OFFTHEROAD View Post
although if its anything like Paragon, some of the adventure of off-roading is taken away in a park setting...
But you won't find the level of trails at RC and like PAP was anywhere around here. For us in Maryland at least, we don't even have the luxury of ORV parks or trails anymore since the state has effectively closed everything.

I think the best way to look at it is, if you want to wheel, go to Rausch Creek; but if you want the experience of driving offroad, following a map and exploring, visit GWNF or Uwharrie.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:08 PM  

I am a little frustrated with MDs total lack of wheeling choices. Everyone told me about Greenridge, but they've closed the trails until further notice. They had it posted online, but I didn't check ahead of my 2hr trip. It's great camping though. In the section we stayed in, the campsites were 250 yards apart. The wild turkeys really freaked my weimariner out when they were making their calls at dusk...pretty funny. They also have a gun range.

I agree. RC is a fun place to go. I'm going on Sunday. I also have a planned trip to Uwharrie in July. I heard it was a great time.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maryland
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.